Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Online TV Dot Com Need Help With Valuation Please

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, Online TV Dot Com. I have some "reasonable" offers and now have to contemplate its real value - and it is not easy for me as I am emotionally attached after all these years.

Here you have a domain past its 15th birthday. I have owned it since it was thought of, back when domains were free for the taking and the slimes that started up ICANN still had not stolen the registry to tax. It has some 8 years left on its registration. It is a PR 4. It is parked. It makes me monthly money, although since the "crisis" (when governments forced citizens around the world to pay with austerity the private banker debts to "save the world") not enough to pay my home rent. It has history, traffic, and panache as well as driving a lot of traffic to other sites of mine. It has a vast archive of pages on archive.org. It has its own listing I created a long time ago (grandfathered in) with Alexa. I get 10,000 to 20,000 uniques a month.

With todays move to online tv and entertainment it is more reflective than when I was pushing that envelope from 96 to 2003. It was too advanced then but it is something happening right now.

Back in 1998 it was valued in the seven figures. Today I had to push a week to get a buyer to get to a 100k offer. They are still waiting for my next counter offer and I am lost and need help valuing this and not going over a wall or selling too cheap.

I noticed that Sedo just sold music videos dot com for $285,000 and know several other similar domains of mine are worth more and online TV must be worth a lot more, or not?

Anyway, I have made no deal and am getting the offers. Now I must counter. Some of you may think I am dreaming but I thought this was worth 300 to 400k - of course all to an end-user and not a domain flipper. I am willing to wait for the right offer and have been. By the way I think there are several middlemen involved in this deal. I have always demanded 6 digit offer before I would take it seriously and now I have one and must deal with it.

So what can I say? Can you give me some good advice here? Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators