Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Opinion on Cloud domains?

Ryman123

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
How do you feel about cloud domains? Are they just a fad or worth holding on to?

ulterios

Don't look back, it's confusing!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am assuming that you mean cloud domains with extensions that aren't the .cloud extension, so that't what i'm basing my opinion on.

IMO, If you have something good and brandable that makes sense then it might be good to hold onto. Most cloud domains that are just a bunch of keyword domains wouldn't be worth as much as the relevant brandables.

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It really depends on hat cloud names you have, there are plenty of cloud names being posted on this forum and the other popular domain forums and 90% of them are not worth anything. I have been investing in cloud names since 2007 and have sold quite a few over the years, but they are all either brandable names or names with keywords directly related to cloud computing. Words like the below are decent keywords but you have to buy therm on the aftermarket and these were registered a long time ago.

Computing
Security
Storage
Host
Hosting
Service
Services
Source
App
Software

and then short names that go well with the word cloud (and other tech niches) like Hub, Soft, Center, World, Vault, Store, Live, Link, Data etc etc

Don't fall into the trap of scraping the barrel for keywords that are still available because they wont be worth anything and you wont be able to sell them

Rather email existing owners and try and find a decent name and rather spend low, mid or even high xxx for a decent name and then try and sell it.

Hope that helps

Good luck

Rishizoe

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When it comes to online storage, the cloud is the way to go. With the brand new .CLOUD domain name extension and domain names on cloud storage just got a little bit easier. The term "cloud" is a way to describe how devices are connected by a system that is actually quite complex. CLOUD will only benefit businesses because it immediately tells visitors what types of services are providing.
When it comes to modern life, digital storage is a must-have. Between smartphones, laptops and tablets, data is everywhere waiting to be stored and shared. The brand new .CLOUD domain name extension and the names on cloud helps everyone do just that.

Daniel Levi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I brokered the sale of Cloud.io for $45,000 this year. There are many up and coming companies in the cloud industry that are actively looking for domains.

ulterios

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I brokered the sale of Cloud.io for $45,000 this year. There are many up and coming companies in the cloud industry that are actively looking for domains.
Wow, nice job Daniel. Are you able to say who bought the name, or is that not able to be disclosed?

A big tech company, I would assume.

When it comes to online storage, the cloud is the way to go. With the brand new .CLOUD domain name extension and domain names on cloud storage just got a little bit easier. The term "cloud" is a way to describe how devices are connected by a system that is actually quite complex. CLOUD will only benefit businesses because it immediately tells visitors what types of services are providing.
When it comes to modern life, digital storage is a must-have. Between smartphones, laptops and tablets, data is everywhere waiting to be stored and shared. The brand new .CLOUD domain name extension and the names on cloud helps everyone do just that.
I doubt anything other than the ultra premium names will ever be worth much value in this extension. Most of these types of domain extensions are only good for the premium and highly relevant names.

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just check the whois to see who bought it

ulterios

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just check the whois to see who bought it
I did, but it does look a bit odd, especially since the name doesn't resolve to anything (at least for me).

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Callidus Cloud (Rory Cameron)

ulterios

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It might be a new project and the site is being developed and not "Live" yet

They could be changing their brand name altogether? Who knows?

ulterios

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It might be a new project and the site is being developed and not "Live" yet

They could be changing their brand name altogether? Who knows?
Yeah, that's true.

I would just think that setting up something temporary would be good though, at least that's what I would do.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators