Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Ouch.com (for sell or reselling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see opencg is still here and suddenly silent!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by winfreecash
I see opencg is still here and suddenly silent!

I think he is pondering the ramifications of my shower room comment.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

I think he is pondering the ramifications of my shower room comment.

Never know - he might be liking the idea!!

LOL - j/k

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I vote for giving the name back to opportunitymagic. Let it end where this started.

If the situation is a he states then he is still the rightful owner.

I think that this has been a great learning experience for us all.

Btw...what was the excuse from wan about why the check didn't clear?...I think I missed that part.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WOW, a TV news magazine segment, at least is developing here. What a sad escapade for Go Daddys main great drop. The name 'Ouch.COM' is just WAY too appropriate to be the name in dispute here.

I do agree that all of the involved parties including ebay, etc. should be notified as should the appropriate police agencies. Also, Attillo should hold the domain or turn it over to some certified third party till the true ownership is determined. Unfortunately, even if unwittingly, if you buy stolen property, you forfiet the money spent for that property and have only the ability to attempt collection from the person who sold you the property. I haven't figured out who scammed who or if they are even present here in this thread. I do believe that legal ownership belongs to the last person who had legitimate (and paid) ownership of the domain. I do also know that with tangible merchandise it can be very dificult to collect debts or start legal proceedings especially if they are out of state or, God help, out of country. We had a business selling radio station equipment and you'd be shocked to know about some of the scum in that business. There were guys who would buy about $5,000 from everyone with bad checks or who would dispute legitimate credit card sales routinely with everyone. About all that you could do with them is try bill collections which usually didn't work. The 'law' didn't give a damn. The point here is that we discovered that the authorities really didn't care at all if it was a B2B sale and the amount was less that $6,000 or so. We tried to go to a lawyer over $7,500 worth of essentially stolen gear the first time this happened but the first thing that we needed to do was to pay him a $6,000 retainer and he doubted that that would be the total amount. The attitude here with sate Attorney Generals is basically, 'well, that's just business'. It isn't, but that is the sad reality. If you were to take $2.00 from a 'little old lady', that, on the other hand, may result in jail time as the attitude is entirely different in a B2C relationship. My fear here is that a domain name, even if a 'little old lady' was involved would be seen as a B2B relationship.

I hope that those involved can work this out and that whoever the guilty party is can be penalized but, at minimum, whoever, possibly unwittingly, bought the stolen domain from the person who scammed it and any subsequent buyers need to realize that they are likely SOL now. My feeling is that they domain is Atillos for all practical legal purposes to use or to return to whoever he feels is the legitimate owner in the end although all possible solutions utilizing police, ICANN (if they care), and the other intermediaries (GoDaddy, ebay, PayPal, etc.) should be persued before any informal settelment.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I feel like I just went thru a list of 15,000 names after reading these 29 pages.

What a mess.

Additionally, I need to sell ouch.net tonight.
(just kidding, I don't legally own ouch.net. But, I guess
that doesn't matter.)

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
to address the previos post about the reason from Everett Wan..he said that someone broke into his paypal account..

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by opportunitymagic
to address the previos post about the reason from Everett Wan..he said that someone broke into his paypal account..

Then he should at least give you the money domainp claims to have given him!!!!!!

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

If that was true, I would think PayPal would have told you when you asked about the stop payment

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by actnow
I feel like I just went thru a list of 15,000 names after reading these 29 pages.

Change your Default Posts per Thread from 20 to 40 and it's only 15 pages. Way quicker to read :eek:k:

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Attillo, at this point, I would turn the name back to Allen. If anyone else has claims on the name, they can take it up with Allen. You would not have liability in this manner. (JMO - I am not a lawyer - and I never even played one on TV). Who knows - maybe you will get a reward Attillo!!! I know I would reward anyone who returned such a name to me...

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Whatever domainP and opencg should both be banned after all the language, insults, threats, etc.

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wan pays Allen.
Allen is happy then.
Attillio then gives the domain back to domainP.
domainP gives the domain to opencg.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

It all depends on Wan to pay.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stocdoctor

Whatever domainP and opencg should both be banned after all the language, insults, threats, etc.

Admins and mods are watching this thread closely and aware of this. :)

no offense Doc.

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks to those who have written words of support for me in some way or manner. I have to get up in 3 hours to go back to work. Will post when I have an oppty at work. will also be calling the police. me wan also had posts in webhostingtalk.com which i just saw looking for information regarding the value of ouch.com.

LewR.. I have seen the same info that you saw when I did a search on google, mr wan said "I did not cheat on my calculus test" or something regarding that

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators