Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

OUCH.com help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMonkey

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Everyone always assumes russians are hacking and they might be, he is using that as his ploy, he is US I have a anti-hacker team working on it. I dont know how in this country this could happen and godaddys we cant help attitude. GoDaddy: "buy this service from us" "we might lose it but hey its not our problem" How dont they have access to the register its their program. domain_p, domain_public, Everett Wan, I would love to find those phone numbers people were talking to him with. I read all those posts all day it took me. Sorry, about my craziness, but I have put many man hours behind these sites or most of them. He obviously knows what he is doing I am sure he's all proxied up. I appreciate the help. I am not done with this he will either sell them or switch them. I gathered that one of those other people are him as well. He has no real contact info. If anyone figures anything else please contact me, also I all ready reported him to the FBI and will be contacting my lazy very own police deptartment tommorrow. He grabbed every site of mine but one, I feel like crying. Oh well. I didn't need any money this month!

Domain Summit 2024

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domainp
Red Monkey

RedMonkey

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have put in two calls to the FBI and the orignal detective I guess Allen used havent heard from any of them. I had a good feeling that would happen I imagine far down the road I will get a return call saying its to late and heres another great thing this guy is still selling things on ebay I found his ebay handle, this is a f#cking joke, I find it real hard to believe nothing can be done about this.

OTP_TEAM

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Red Monkey,

It is highly recommended that you file a wipo dispute or seek legal action against this domain name owner. You may have previously owned the domains, however the customer was granted access to your account in some fashion. If you provided the customer with your information and he hijacked your domains, your best shot would be to seek legal action. If these domains are important it may be an expense but an expense well worth getting the domains back. Remember, registrars will comply with legal injunctions and subponeas but you must act on the suspected thief. The registrant of the domain is the registrant of the domain - however the registrar would assist in providing documentation should they receive a subponea for more informatio. You would think they keep a record of what was on file but are unable to supply the information to a 3rd party, one might expect the information can be supplied through a subponea or WIPO dispute when requested by a legal service or arbitration forum.

OTP_TEAM

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just as a side note, I would advise anyone to get their domains out of GoDaddy. I had all my Godaddy domains transferred to someone elses account, who then transferred them away to eNom.

My domains remained at Godaddy, in the thief's account, for at least 10 days, while I continuously emailed them (in great detail, including documents, passport, drivers license, receipts etc) requesting my domains be returned to my control. All the replies were either automated "How to retrieve your lost password", or support saying "Sorry, you don't appear to be the owner of those domains".

Fortunately, the most valuable domain went into REDEMPTION during the ten days, and I was able to grab it back at pool.com (at some expense, and a lot of luck) last week.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A: How did they transfer them?

B: what was your most valuable domain doing in registrar hold?

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sharpy
A: How did they transfer them?
A: To be honest, I don't really know. Here is my best guess:

It's well known that GoDaddy restructured the accounts, based on the credit card number that was used to register them originally. I believe several DNF members had domains disappear from their accounts because of this, and had to fax documents and their credit card number to have their domains returned (there is a thread about it). My case was unusual in that all my domains at GoDaddy were purchased from other people and pushed to my account. I never entered my credit card number at GoDaddy.

The first problem I noticed was that after the "account reorganization" I could not log in to my account. I requested a "lost password" and got an "account does not exist" error. I sent an email to support saying my account had been deleted and I could not request my password. They sent me a reply on "How to retrieve your lost password". Twice.

After a third email, they confirmed there had been problems with the reorganization, and requested my credit card number, a signed document listing my domains, and my drivers license, which I sent. They replied with, "these domains were not registered with that credit card, and we cannot return them to your account".

The whois info on my domains was still correct, so I tried to transfer my domains away, but you can't without logging in to confirm the transfer.

Remember that each of these emails took 24 hours for them to reply to. On about the fourth day I received a transfer request to eNom (I was trying to transfer to Dotster). I rejected the transfer and got suspicious, and emailed GoDaddy immediately. They sent me a "How to retrieve your lost password" email. I re-sent my email again and they requested my credit card number (again). I got the reply that "these domains were not registered with this credit card", again. Around this time the email address on my domains changed to a hotmail account, and three days later they were transferred to 01nic.com

My guess is that because there was never a credit card listed in my account, my domains were randomly assigned to another person's account. (BTW, they were not all purchased from the same person, yet they were all transferred away by one person).

What is frustrating is that I sent a number of very detailed and specific emails stating what was occuring and GoDaddy did nothing to fix a problem that they had caused. I had an account with my domains in it, and now my account and domains are gone, through no fault of my own, and despite my best efforts.
B: what was your most valuable domain doing in registrar hold?
B: Firstly, it was not my most valuable domain - simply my most valuable domain at GoDaddy. It went into REDEMPTION because, purely by coincidence, it expired while this was happening, and I couldn't renew a domain that was not in my account. I tend to renew late, I'm lazy that way, but that's beside the point..

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Those of you who got their domains stolen due to a registrar screwup (e.g., the cases cited here regarding GoDaddy) might have a case to sue the registrar about it, given the precedent of the sex.com lawsuits where a court recently ruled that Network Solutions can be held liable. I'm not a lawyer, but perhaps the lawyers here could comment?

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is what I think happen. I think GoDaddy screws up.

I received a transfer request on one of my domains from GoDaddy last week and I ignore it. Then today, GoDaddy resent the transfer request and I read thru the email. It says that to autorize or decline the transfer, I have to follow the link and put the code in.

I did that and on the last page it has 2 options "Yes - to authorize the transfer" and "No - to decline the transfer". I clicked "No". And it brought up another page read The domain transfer has been authorized.. WTF????

I'm contacting my registrar now to block the transfer.

OTP_TEAM

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by .biz
Here is what I think happen. I think GoDaddy screws up.

I received a transfer request on one of my domains from GoDaddy last week and I ignore it. Then today, GoDaddy resent the transfer request and I read thru the email. It says that to autorize or decline the transfer, I have to follow the link and put the code in.

I did that and on the last page it has 2 options "Yes - to authorize the transfer" and "No - to decline the transfer". I clicked "No". And it brought up another page read The domain transfer has been authorized.. WTF????

I'm contacting my registrar now to block the transfer.

Did you call Godaddy.com? I never have had a problem such as this and I do many transfer day in and day out. This is very odd but I am certain they would look into this situation and provide you with answer, rather than assuming something went wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom