Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Our new twin baby girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Meet Mia (green collar) and Ana (red collar)...two female AKC registered german shepherd puppies that were turned in to the local animal shelter.

These pics are their first day home reunited, approximately 9 weeks of age.

Obviously they had been neglected, malnourished, and dehydrated.

We first got Mia not knowing there was a sister. When we took Mia to get her spayed (rules of adoption) the vet let us know she had a heart murmur. We accepted the risk.

Meanwhile, when her sister got adopted out and the new owner was informed that she too had a heart mumur, that person returned Ana to the shelter. Shelter policy is when a dog is turned over to the shelter for health reasons, they do not re-adopt out. Hence, the animal is put down.

Since we had done so much work with the shelter and spend so much time volunteering, the shelter director asked if we wanted the sister (Ana) as well to avoid having to put her down. Absolutely, we stated.

Pups will often time have a heart murmur and can outgrow it. In our case, our two girls have a little bit higher class meaning they will most likely not outgrow it. We (and the vet) seemed to think that they can enjoy a healthy active life until about age 6 or so when they start to show symptoms of the defect, typically less active and tire easily. Well, as mention we accepted the risk and at the same time accepted the fact that we can provide them with a wonderful, fulfilling life which we will enjoy with them.

View attachment DSC00086.jpg

View attachment DSC00097.jpg

View attachment DSC00108.jpg

Domain Summit 2024

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bravo Gerry! More people need to support their local shelter and help get these beautiful animals adopted.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bravo Gerry! More people need to support their local shelter and help get these beautiful animals adopted.

+1. It's great to see people supporting shelters instead of breeders.
There are too many animals about to be put down at animal shelters. KUDOS!!!!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Definitely a post of the day worth reading :D

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can see clearly see that these 2 girls are very happy and content, it is just ozzing from them. :yo:

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fabulous - simply fabulous. Says a lot about your personality Gerry. As Theo says, it's the post of the day.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domainers love dogs, they have plenty of them in their portfolios too :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes. They are absolutely adorable and a joy. Into everything and quite active. Got them on good food, well cared for and vetted, and great place to play and live (6.5 acres with about 2.5 acres fenced in). Aside from us they have big brothers and sisters that look out for them (and correct them).

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1125

I am very, very saddened and heart broken to say that Mia, seen in the foreground, suddenly passed away this past Wednesday evening. The only reason I am even posting this news is because so many of you have wished us well publicly on the forum and we got several PM's about them as well.

The babies just turned 6 months old. Mia had the larger of the congenital heart defects (enlarged heart - cardiomegaly) and the greater of the heart murmurs. We accepted the risks and responsibilities knowing what the outcome would be...a shortened lifespan. But this was too soon and too suddenly. She was outside with my wife and the other pups and dogs playing Wednesday evening when she simply laid down in a nice comfortable bed of mulch...and that is how simple, quick and painless it was.

The fact that she did live in a wonderful environment, had plenty of friends, got to go on several adventures, had a large and safe place to live and play, and was well loved is a great comfort but nevertheless still heartbreaking.

Her sister, Ana, is doing well and getting to be fine looking, strong beautiful girl.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear this :sigh2:

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Gerry...very sad and unexpected news! Glad sis is okay!

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very sorry Gerry. Glad to hear it was over without much suffering on her part. I'm sure the rest of your family (2 & 4 legged) will suffer her loss much longer. Hang tough.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the well wishes, all of you. I will pass along your feelings to my wife whom I am sure will appreciate it. She may not fully understand my fascination with domaining but she will understand compassion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom