Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

developed Over $80k/year web hosting review site

Status
Not open for further replies.

BestDomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

A business opportunity has came up and I'm seeing if companies are
interested in purchasing my web site www.webhostingunleashed.com

Site made over $80,000 in 2004 - takes only 30 minutes a week to manage!!

Was mainly setup to make sales with only one host Lunarpages:
796 Sales with Lunarpages $64787 in 2004 This means if you find good deals with other hosts, site can make 150k/year without an incrase in traffic!! I had many other projects going on at the same time, and never had time to negotiate with other hosts. Lunarpages paid me $90/signup. Others paid and converted crappy. Everything is in a database, and all you have to do is change the hostname and URL.

334670 visits in 10 months of 2004 (stats didn't count January 04 and Feb 04)
104211 visits so far in 2005

number 1 in google for:

web hosting reviews
web hosting review
hosting reviews
web host reviews
and others

top 20 in google for "cheap web hosting"

number 1 in yahoo for "web hosting reviews"
number 3 in msn for "web hosting reviews"

top 50 in yahoo for "web hosting"
top 80 in google for "web hosting"

top 10 hosting directory according to yahoo
http://dir.yahoo.com/Business_and_E...oviders/Hosting/Web_Site_Hosting/Directories/

Site has been around for over 3 years, and has grown in traffic almost
every month. About 150 reviews are submitted every week, and all the user
has to do is click "yes" or "no" to approve the reviews so the site takes
only about 30 minutes/week to manage.

Exactly one year ago the value of the site has been talked about on
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=259196&highlight=webhostingunleashed.com

Since then the page has been completely redisgned and improved and is now
a PageRank 7 with 11,500 backward links and more traffic and 3 times as many reviews. Yes the design, marketing, and full potential of the site can be incrased but that's where your opportunity lies.

Let me know if you're interested and I can send proof of traffic and
earnings. But i won't even cosider offers under 180k. Sorry PM me or email me - very serious requests only.

Thanks,

[email protected]

BestDomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FP1 said:

PM replied with a link to screenshots of earnings and traffic Sorry I don't have a set price, I will consider all reasonable bids, and will take the highest one.

dturnbull

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
please pm screenshot of earnings and traffic

BestDomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dturnbull said:
please pm screenshot of earnings and traffic

2 more PMs replied with screenshots of earnings and traffic

limited10

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a question, Why would a company pay you 90 dollars a sign-up when they only charge 95 dollars for the whole year of service?

BestDomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
limited10 said:
I have a question, Why would a company pay you 90 dollars a sign-up when they only charge 95 dollars for the whole year of service?

I guess they're counting on keeping the customer for more than a year. I think their average customer stays with them for 2-4 years since they're a good company with good customer service. And also since each account hosts only one domain, they're counting on the same customers to puchase more accounts. So every sale is worth much more than 95 dollars to them.

I started with 55/sale. As I sent them more and more sales, they increased my commission. If you sign up with CJ.com IPowerWeb.com will pay you $100/sale right off the bat. I can't really promote them because they have so many negative reviews: http://www.webhostingunleashed.com/reviews/ipowerweb-reviews.htm

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
hostip, where are you located at?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Because your WHOIS info is using GD's proxy and when $180k are at stake I'd like to know who I'm dealing with. I didn't ask for your home address, just your location.

BestDomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Because your WHOIS info is using GD's proxy and when $180k are at stake I'd like to know who I'm dealing with. I didn't ask for your home address, just your location.

PMed you my location

hostip said:
PMed you my location

somebody asked about current traffic, according to webalizer (screenshots if requested) 1,070,516 hits and 122, 507 visits in Feb 05 and March 05 combined

csmaster2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
please state avg per day, and if you've ever tried advertising on the site for $$, and if so how much was made.
thanks

BestDomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
csmaster2005 said:
please state avg per day, and if you've ever tried advertising on the site for $$, and if so how much was made.
thanks

around $222.13/day

I have not ran an intensive advertising campaign. Just for basic words like "web hosting reviews" "web hosting comparison" "host reviews" etc. with few PPC search engines, overture, and google adwords. For every dollar spent, i earned around $1.24 Web hosting is such a competitive market that bidding for popular keywords will result in a small profit margin. If you really wanted to run an intensive campaign with the site you would have to bid on things like "Lunarpages Reviews" "IpowerWeb Reviews" "Globat Reviews" etc. and have each ones of those go to the reviews page. Those keywords are much less competitive. But first you would need to build relationships with more hosts. But I haven't tried an intensive advertising campaign like that yet.

Thanks

hostip said:
around $222.13/day

I have not ran an intensive advertising campaign. Just for basic words like "web hosting reviews" "web hosting comparison" "host reviews" etc. with few PPC search engines, overture, and google adwords. For every dollar spent, i earned around $1.24 Web hosting is such a competitive market that bidding for popular keywords will result in a small profit margin. If you really wanted to run an intensive campaign with the site you would have to bid on things like "Lunarpages Reviews" "IpowerWeb Reviews" "Globat Reviews" etc. and have each ones of those go to the reviews page. Those keywords are much less competitive. But first you would need to build relationships with more hosts. But I haven't tried an intensive advertising campaign like that yet.

Thanks

Other than that, the site markets itself since it's already popular. I get about 15 link exchange requests a day where people already have put up the link to the site. And one out of every 10 or so hosts puts up a button to the site when they get listed in the directory. For example:

http://www.wbhstng.com/
http://besthost.ten.lt/

BestDomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still no serious offers. Tons of questions though. Send me a PM and you will get proof of earnings, traffic, and lately i added some raw log files because few people asked.

Thanks

Got the first 150k offer. Still under 180k so it won't be considered. Btw, Lunarpages just raised my commission to $100/sale 2 days ago without me asking (maybe they heard about the possible sale...)

Usavio

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
May I ask why you are selling your website? :smartass:

BestDomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ilovetanja said:
sorry but imho, i don't see much sense there, cause with revenue you have, you can make enough funds in any time to buy any better domain you want .

anyway, it's your decision to sell it, so i wish you good luck!

Not really, if I want to buy 20 domains at 7.5k, I will need 150k and i don't have enough funds for that.

Usavio

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What script does it use? If its a custom one, are you willing to sell a copy to me?

Cheers,

Sam

BestDomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Usavio said:
What script does it use? If its a custom one, are you willing to sell a copy to me?

Cheers,

Sam

Hello,

Yes it uses a custom php scripts written by me. No I will not sell copies of the script. The new owner will receive the original site. No copies of the script will be ever sold.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom