Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Overture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

folo

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So the more overture searches a domain name has the more valueable it is right? So if the domain name is "cat.com" the overture search would be "cat"? I could use some assitance to fully understand this. Also, how many overture searches does it need to have to be considered something that would be woth something?

ezimedia

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HI

When people refer to overture searchs for a domain it should include the domain plus the extension for the domain,

Example,

With out the .com extension the word
1176979 cat ( On overture, )

With the .com extension the domain returns
5613 cat.com ( On overture, )

So this domain would get a load of daily typins, and would be worth a lot of money,

I think any domain name that returns 100 results ( With the domains extension) or more in overture then it will have some value..

Thanks
Tom Dahne

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But if this is true ..dont keywords and the title of the page mean something.

Example I designed 3 sites that are ranked in the top ten and done it just by the title of the pages and the keywords

and sometimes you will see if you type in dogs or something the 1 site might be www.geocities/mypetdogsparty/usa.tv.com and #3 is dog.com

Maybe im wrong....im a newbie...but for the actual site title and keywords are everything.

ezimedia said:
HI

When people refer to overture searchs for a domain it should include the domain plus the extension for the domain,

Example,

With out the .com extension the word
1176979 cat ( On overture, )

With the .com extension the domain returns
5613 cat.com ( On overture, )

So this domain would get a load of daily typins, and would be worth a lot of money,

I think any domain name that returns 100 results ( With the domains extension) or more in overture then it will have some value..

Thanks
Tom Dahne

myblueshoes

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All things being equal, I think overture provides a baseline standard to appraise the POTENTIAL value of a term/name. Website design with title, keywords (and other techniques) as you say, will Maximize a term's value through relevance.

Buying a good name is an important start. What you or someone else does with it after that....

KraZ

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep, what LTmaster says - when you plan to do SE optimization, it's better to get relevant domains for 2 reasons:

1) It would help you with the SE optmization as SE generally boost your rank if you have a relevan domain; and

2) You would build value into a relevant domain that you could easily sell in the future. It's much easier to sell cat.com with 10,000 visitors per day, than some GeoCities optimized page. Most people will just go and steal your code :)

Hope it makes sense.

methods

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree but for example someone just bought kerrysucks.com good name, i webt to overture and then to some engines and typed in kerrysucks and just because that their domain name doesnt make them top.. they are still below others that dont have that , but what they do have is good title and keywords.

I bought kerrysuck.com because that actually scores way higher in overture, with good title in caps on actual page as well as keywords baby will be in top ten...no doubt.

Every site I have ever designed is in top ten just by title and keywords, so all in all domain is very important but sometimes with out proper seo you may be number 20 with alot of non relevant sites in front of you.

also if for example you type in dog .com at yahoo then dog.com is first but if you type in the plural dogs the dogs is nowhere to be found, interesting ...

i did same thing with cat and cats....try it...

so if its a singular generic singular word domain yea, its a sure thing (high chance) but with plurals its weird, serach engines are a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators