• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed P e r m i t t e s t .com earns 1.2k a year parked

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went from zero to 10K just by reading. I would just park it for the rest of your life and just wait for the PPC appreciation to add to your yearly take. In the unlikely event that PPC goes down then I would develop it.

A 20K investment in this name would give someone a 6 percent or so return, and there are worse deals than that. This name would likely have more upside than most investments since we are only in about the 10th year (practically speaking) of the biggest change in human behavior in the last 1,000 years (Internet).
 
Nice Find! On current revenue alone it's worth $6K, I would multiply that by 10 for the end user and say $60K without getting too scientific.
 
whowhatdog, I must apoligize for my critical comments on a previous appraissal, its not that you gave me a good apraissal here but rather my attitude, I should accept any opinions gracefully and not get personnal, I hope you accept my apology
Joe
 
10-20K should be easy to get if you need the money, but I would develop it, put up some free tests and sell real ones. If you can get 5% conversion for a 20$ test that would mean you have $1 per visitor wich I must say is very nice with what 300 per month? Do some advertising and it could get even better. How much are these tests anyway?
 
Dzordz said:
10-20K should be easy to get if you need the money, but I would develop it, put up some free tests and sell real ones. If you can get 5% conversion for a 20$ test that would mean you have $1 per visitor wich I must say is very nice with what 300 per month? Do some advertising and it could get even better. How much are these tests anyway?

some sites offer free tests as a draw, some charge, but the biggest payers are states like california, florida and a few otheres who require traffic school to get your permit, so they use it as a draw to sell online traffic school to teens
 
Smart move reg. this one! You had first hand knowledge of why someone would type it in! That's what we all would like to know about our domains.

If I might ask, where do you have it parked?? That's good revenue. Don't know if I would sell, unless budget was getting low.

just my two cents.
 
Nolz91 said:
Smart move reg. this one! You had first hand knowledge of why someone would type it in! That's what we all would like to know about our domains.

If I might ask, where do you have it parked?? That's good revenue. Don't know if I would sell, unless budget was getting low.

just my two cents.


I have it parked at Fab, I am not going to sell until the right enduser makes an offer I cant refuse, one good thing is people keep regging and building sites off the root word increasing my traffic
 
I would not pay more than $5000 for this domain.

anything can happen to the internet in the next few years.
 
I guess before putting a value I should have asked; is there a national player in this market? If it's local only, that will screw the value, but if it's national, you're talking about delivering 4,000 potential customers per year along with a great name. I would be making a list of who the advertisers are on the site to figure out who you might offer it to.

Otherwise, devolpment would sure be a piece of cake for this. Put up a free sample test for each state and advertisers for products that the 15 year olds would be interested in.
 
gariben said:
I would not pay more than $5000 for this domain.

anything can happen to the internet in the next few years.

In the long run we're all dead. I think you are right....people shouldn't invest in anything since nobody lives forever. If you think something can stop the Internet in the next few years then you better invest in it...you will make a billion...but it won't matter....since you won't live forever.

Whether you would pay 5K or not is as irrelevant as what kind of ice-cream you like. The bottom line is that it is pretty much established that there would be buyers above that price.

The name is making over 1K per year. You could almost retire if you had 20-30 of these. This is a golden name because it has type-ins. I'll place my bets that the Internet and Permit Tests will each outlast every one of us.

If you would have said that you believe others in the business would only pay 5K then that would be a legitimate appraisal.
 
Duckinla said:
I guess before putting a value I should have asked; is there a national player in this market? If it's local only, that will screw the value, but if it's national, you're talking about delivering 4,000 potential customers per year along with a great name. I would be making a list of who the advertisers are on the site to figure out who you might offer it to.

Otherwise, devolpment would sure be a piece of cake for this. Put up a free sample test for each state and advertisers for products that the 15 year olds would be interested in.

theres both national and state markets, some offer the tests for all 50 states and sell insurance, cars etc.some just offer free tests to get young drivers on there site, there are at least four states that require trafficschool for a permit florida, california nevada and one other thats where the big money is online traffic school, although many other states are starting to require it and it can be expensive, there are other visitors cdl permit test and motorcycle permit test that get clicked too. Thats what i like about teens and seniors they still type in dot.com I have a couple 3 worders that do well also,
lear n ers p ermit te st.com and pra ctice per mittest.com

WhoDatDog said:
In the long run we're all dead. I think you are right....people shouldn't invest in anything since nobody lives forever. If you think something can stop the Internet in the next few years then you better invest in it...you will make a billion...but it won't matter....since you won't live forever.

Whether you would pay 5K or not is as irrelevant as what kind of ice-cream you like. The bottom line is that it is pretty much established that there would be buyers above that price.

The name is making over 1K per year. You could almost retire if you had 20-30 of these. This is a golden name because it has type-ins. I'll place my bets that the Internet and Permit Tests will each outlast every one of us.

If you would have said that you believe others in the business would only pay 5K then that would be a legitimate appraisal.

that is my goal to have enough income from domain parking to live comfortably, I only have a few that make over 1k most are in the 200-500 dollar range but it takes time to build up even those small traffic names, I will say this for all the people who say the internet may change and domains are too risky is that my experience so far is I have had an increase in traffic on almost all my names I have kept
 
this is a good example of a type in that should continue to have traffic way into the future. it could maybe even be better monetized with some development. at a minimum worth 5 to 10 years revenue.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom