• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Paypal - bunch of idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

shambles

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2007
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Dear Sir,

I recently made 4 $1000 payments via Paypal. These were erroneoulsy blocked. I wrote confirming my desire for this transaction to complete. However, without further communication and without orders from myself the money was refunded to my bank account. When I paid the money out I was charged £518.02 per $1000 by my bank, but when the money was recredited I only received £488.22 per $1000. I therefore lost a total of £119.20. Paypal could have refunded the money to my Paypal balance and saved me the loss I incurred or ideally completed the original transaction. My loss here was therefore entirely caused by Paypal's unauthorised transaction. Unless this money is credited to my account within 14 days I shall be commencing proceedings in court for its recovery and advertising the problems Paypal has caused through all available media. I await your reply and the redress to which I am entitled.

Yours faithfully, Alexander Hydes
 
I did send it to them. I felt like letting everyone else know what a bunch of cynts they are too.
 
Try calling them, but PayPal really needs a class action lawsuit.
On the other hand, your payee may have involved in some sort of scam/fraud etc.
 
Dear Sir,

I recently made 4 $1000 payments via Paypal. These were erroneoulsy blocked. I wrote confirming my desire for this transaction to complete. However, without further communication and without orders from myself the money was refunded to my bank account. When I paid the money out I was charged £518.02 per $1000 by my bank, but when the money was recredited I only received £488.22 per $1000. I therefore lost a total of £119.20. Paypal could have refunded the money to my Paypal balance and saved me the loss I incurred or ideally completed the original transaction. My loss here was therefore entirely caused by Paypal's unauthorised transaction. Unless this money is credited to my account within 14 days I shall be commencing proceedings in court for its recovery and advertising the problems Paypal has caused through all available media. I await your reply and the redress to which I am entitled.

Yours faithfully, Alexander Hydes

Lost $ 300 in the same way, my lawyer sent theme 3 letter but they dont even answer.

Sheva
 
I don't particularly object to their blocking the transaction. That was just annoying, but can't blame them for having safeguards. My objection is to their refunding the money to my bank account without authorisation, when for instance they could have refunded the cash to my balance
 
Well, they can't refund it to your PayPal balance. The payments go like straight lines. They always go back to where they come from.
It's just sad that int'l currencies exchange is involved.
 
You are not the only one :(
If you search in google there are lots of complains concerning PayPal...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom