• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

paypal fees.. argg, is 3.9% a valid amount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanders47

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
So I have been selling domains on ebay for the past month or so. I finally got off my butt and made a huge spreadsheet with all my domains, purchase price, listing fees, final sale fees and paypal fees so I could see what (and if) I am making any profit. After a while, I realized that I was spending a lot of time entering in each ebay and paypal fee individually, so I made formulas to calculate them based on the stated fees. However the paypal fees did not come out to what I expected, instead of 2.9% + $.30 per transaction, my fees were 3.9% + $.30. I looked all over the site to see if I had something mixed up and was at a higher rate than I had thought. When I didn't find anything anywhere with 3.9% I wrote paypal customer service. Of course I got back some canned response telling me to visit their fees page, which of course lists the 1.9-2.9% range that I had already seen. Paypal is a huge and established company, so I am hesitant to believe that they have made a mistake, but I can't find any reason for the elevated charges and it is making me feel like I am going crazy!

Is there something I am missing?

Okay I just did some math, and it seems the higher fees are only on my last four transactions...

Here are the amounts:

Amount Fee Fee if 2.9% +.3
9.99 0.69 0.58971
11.61 0.75 0.63669
27.49 1.37 1.09721
0.99 0.34 0.32871

:upset:

Okay now I have been back and forth several times and they keep referring to me to such and such page that inevitably states that my rate is 2.9% + .30, yet I continue to be charged 3.9% + .30.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom