• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Paypal - Practice what you preach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2006
Messages
4,265
Reaction score
201
I need some input on this, because I'm ready to give up.

My Husband asked me to sell his stupid Poker light on Ebay, I setup the auction stating:

"If paying by Paypal , you must have a confirmed mailing address, this is the only address I will ship too!"

I always state this to protect myself against a chargeback.

The buyer paid $600 with E-Check thru Paypal, after it cleared I found out her shipping address was not confirmed, I contacted her, her response was that she called Paypal and they said it was, I even received an email from Paypal stating her address is confirmed and call there number to verify, but on the Paypal invoice it clearly shows UNconfirmed, I opened a support ticket with Paypal and they go on about how to confirm a mailing address, but completely failed to address the problem that the Invoice shows her shipping address is UNconfirmed with NO seller protection, Another words, its ship the item at your own risk and if a chargeback occurs, your not protected.

I replied back and I'm still waiting to hear from them.... Under these circumstances, do I take the word from a Paypal employee that her address is confirmed, ignore what the invoice shows and ship the item anyway? or do I wait until the correction is made on the invoice before shipping it?

I tend to trust what is documented over what anyone says, that's why I'm asking. At this point, I'm ready to refund her $600 and re-list it.
 
Which country is she at?
 
I would trust what the site says over the people as well, however, just because you dont have seller protection doesnt mean they can just do a chargeback, if you send it with a recorded, online-trackable method of posting you should be OK, I have done this many times and be fine, but there is always a risk.
 
If she paid via e-check and it cleared, you're fine.
 
I would trust what the site says over the people as well, however, just because you dont have seller protection doesnt mean they can just do a chargeback, if you send it with a recorded, online-trackable method of posting you should be OK, I have done this many times and be fine, but there is always a risk.

I dont think I'm that worried about not having seller protection, Paypal always preaches to not send to a Unconfirmed address, and there asking me to do it on there word that it is confirmed :?:

If she paid via e-check and it cleared, you're fine.

Its a ACH transaction, these can be easily be reversed.
 
If it's a confirmed address as PP says and it's tangible items, you should be fine.
 
If it's a confirmed address as PP says and it's tangible items, you should be fine.

Your probably right, I would just sleep better knowing that a confirmed address was showing on Paypal's invoice. I'll most likely ship it Monday.....Thanks.
 
can you email her and say you will ship but only registered receipt- she must sign for it? not just delivery confirmation but someone at the address must sign for it? that would help with any "non-delivered" proof
 
Yes, UPS can request a sig, I'm sure she would agree, Good idea...Thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom