• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Pedantic domainers or low balls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2004
Messages
929
Reaction score
5
I don't know you, but I think a $5,000.00 USD is a serious offer anywhere.
Well, ok, may be not for a domain like sex.com or business.com, that case would be an horrendous low ball.
But, for an hispanic, two words, more than 15 characters long domain ... !?

I offered this for a domain in Sedo and after two weeks and resubmit that offer, there's no reponse ! bah!
 
Some sellers just aint interested in selling there already cashed up and are just waiting for that one fool to really cash in.
 
The email Sedo has on file for the seller may be old or inoperable. About 6 months ago I had a situation where I made an offer to a seller thru Sedo, but I got no answer. I decided to call the seller and the woman said McAfee Virus Spam Scan stopped the Sedo email.....you may want to call the seller directly and then execute the sale thru sedo.
 
just because it is hispanic doesnt make it worth $5,000.

If its something like programasgratis.com 2 words, 15 char. They a $5,000 isnt gonna cut it, take into account traffic, and revenue. Some people are also at sedo just to park and just havent figured out how to make a domain "not for sale"
 
Well, I didn't say it worth $5,000.
I was asking whether it was such a low-ball that the owner didn't even care to respond.

just because it is hispanic doesnt make it worth $5,000.

If its something like programasgratis.com 2 words, 15 char. They a $5,000 isnt gonna cut it, take into account traffic, and revenue. Some people are also at sedo just to park and just havent figured out how to make a domain "not for sale"
 
Maybe the seller only wants you to make a higher offer. He probably just didn't want to make a higher counter offer and I don't think sedo give the option for a seller to request the buyer to make a better offer.
 
It's holiday time (vacation to you guys across the puddle), maybe the sellers kickin' it in the Carib...
 
It's holiday time (vacation to you guys across the puddle), maybe the sellers kickin' it in the Carib...

could be possible but try contacting sedo on this to see what they have to say
good luck
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom