Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Platinum Accounts Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Existing members can now sign up for a Platinum Membership. The price is $49.95/year. Lot of you made that much or more on your first sale here. Now you can give something back and get some perks to boot. To upgrade click on the "Register" tab above while logged in. Then you will see a link to change your current membership plan. Follow that and you're set.

Here are the different levels:

Silver Plan:
- Annual membership fee of $9.95
- Ability to browse the forums

Gold Plan:
- Annual membership fee of $14.95
- All the features included in the Silver Plan.
- Ability to post to the forums.
- Ability to create threads in all forums except the advertising section and the Platinum private forum.
- Ability to send private messages.
- Ability to attend and bid in the live auctions.

Platinum Plan:
- Annual membership fee of $49.95
- All the features of the Gold Plan.
- Ability to list domains for auctions.
- Ability to create threads in the advertising section.
- Access to a Platinum member only forum.
- Ability to have links, colors and size control in your forum signature.
- Get 5 free guest passes for 2 weeks of Gold membership each.
- Discounted SnapBacks® (available shortly)
- 800 DNF$ Bonus Now through March 12, 2003

For now all existing members will have access to the live auctions. Shortly you will need to be a Platinum member to list names in the auction.

For those of you that say you will never pay a penny, it may be several months before you will have to pay. So enjoy while you can.

Upvote 0

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excuse me All, but this thread is about "Platinum Accounts Now Available", it is not a debate.

Greg asked nicely that you take your suggestions elsewhere, and not disrupt this thread.

There is a forum for "suggestions and feedback" you know.

Thanks for understanding :D

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry frontrowmktg. I just have this Tee character following me around and complaining about every decision I make with 5-10 posts per decision, even if I ignore the guy.

T

Tee

I'm not following you around gregr. I've just posted I think in two threads to two recent events. The 2003 thing and the membership thing.

So what are the features in the silver membership?

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks GregR.

I hear when ignoring doesn't work, banning does ;)

Gail

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
Excuse me All, but this thread is about "Platinum Accounts Now Available", it is not a debate.

Greg asked nicely that you take your suggestions elsewhere, and not disrupt this thread. And still you post here.

There is a forum for "suggestions and feedback" you know.

Hmm - and here I thought this was a thread in the "General Domains Discussion " category...

...and I thought that people were discussing the Platinum accounts...

...hmmm, you know what? It is and they were and, compared to many other threads, I think it was quite civil. Too bad the powers that be are so defensive about their decisions.

Oh well...off to find the Dissenters Only thread to see what else is being said...

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gail

Hmm - and here I thought this was a thread in the "General Domains Discussion " category...

...and I thought that people were discussing the Platinum accounts...

...hmmm, you know what? It is and they were and, compared to many other threads, I think it was quite civil. Too bad the powers that be are so defensive about their decisions.

Oh well...off to find the Dissenters Only thread to see what else is being said...

Gail, that was just a nice was of saying please don't sh*t in this thread and ruin the "Grand Opening". Of course you can post here.

:D

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just curious, how long before nonpaying members are no longer allowed to browse the forum?

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nevermind, I missed this in Greg's post.

Originally posted by gregr
...For those of you that say you will never pay a penny, it may be several months before you will have to pay. So enjoy while you can.

parwold

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by liquidstar
hide the cloak and dagger stuff. there's no intent to ruin anything. i am selling a name this week (knockers.org), and would like to sell some in the future. i'm not worried about the money. in fact, i'm carrying $258 dollars in my wallet right now. i make more than enough to pay for memberships for everyone on this forum. i was making a suggestion and an observation. no whining, just trying to contribute. if you'll go and reread what i posted with out your dnforum moderator glasses on you'll see it was very innocent. that's it. this is the only domain forum i visit. who cares?

:D You don't have to pay for everyone on the forum but you can pay for me if you like :D

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Platinum memberships... hmm... surely I wouldn't sell enough auction domains to justify it financially, but perhaps the combination of a few auction sales and my own amusement would be worth the cost. About the same price as a few trips to the movies. :D Decisions, decisions....

Too bad auctioning a name won't be available for a % of sale fee instead of a flat one-time fee. Maybe something to consider in the future? Probably harder to implement, though.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Gregr..I would like to apply for a newly created position as
"Mentor". I feel that I have been a loyal member since joining
DnForum and have contributed signifigantly with my replies to posts. I also have provided some good domain names for sale,
which i might add, have been priced quite cheaply.

I currently have about 800 dn bucks, which at exchange rate is about $15.00. You can take these as a down payment on my platinum membership. Also you can keep any further Dnbucks that i may earn this year as further payment.

As you are selling memberships, do you take paypal?
i would like to offer as an alternative to direct payment, that if i sell any domain here, that the buyer pay the money to you, and
can add that to credit for my platinum member ship until paid in full. perhaps you could initiate a virtual bank account or something similiar. As i would like to avoid the 3% pp charges.

I think the costs are worth it, as long as the membership doesn't dwindle. As viewers dictate sales, like foot traffic for brick and mortar stores. i just hope that those who have been good buyers will continue to come when they have to pay. It's kinda like an admission charge to go into Walmart's. It's true you have to pay to advertise in the newspaper, but not as much to read it.

I'm sure you've pondered at length on how to solve your dilemas
and you've been in the game longer than I.

Good luck on the changes you are planning to make.

Biggie.us

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can paying customers be banned?

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As a suggestion, Gregr, you may want to consider a "DNForum News" section. Even though this thread is "sticky", it took a search for posts with your name to find out what this "new news" was all about.

The only reason I even heard something was happening and decided to visit the forum is that SupaWhois decided to SPAM my e-mail box saying things like:
"You may or may not have heard that charges are
being implemented on DNForum.com. These will include charges
simply for browsing the forums, without even having posting
access. I'm sure a lot of you will not be prepared to pay much, if
anything, just to access a forum.
That's where SupaWhois.com comes in...
Next month, SupaWhois.com will be launching with a whole host
of domain tools and utilities, including free software which
competes with existing software costing up to $200."

I would have appreciated an e-mail announcement from DNForum instead of junk like this (from a third party opportunist). Also, I'm concerned, wondering how it was that SupaWhois actually got my e-mail address in the first place.

At any rate, congrats on the new direction. I know every move in developing a website needs all the support it can get, and that there is a lot being considered. I may not buy the special membership, but with luck, it may improve the quality of the messages in affected sections.

~ Nexus

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nexus

I would have appreciated an e-mail announcement from DNForum instead of junk like this (from a third party opportunist). Also, I'm concerned, wondering how it was that SupaWhois actually got my e-mail address in the first place.

I can't stop spammers. If I could, they would have all been stopped long ago.

If you are insinuating I gave them your email address, you're sadly mistaken.

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by tassos

stupid question:if someone doesn t pay and stops being member ,is he allowed to go to italy for free :eek:
if not what happens if he allready paid the 50$ ?
how many years platinum can i have if i arrange free 4 days for members in greece?

Just to let you know, nobody paid even one cent till now to come in Italy because we didn't set that already.

I will pay the membership and I will not ask anything in exchange not even one day.

I think that people that are upset its just because they wanted to do what Greg did that is buy the forum.

I never sold a name on the Forum and usually am not post name for sale on the auction and I don't make advertising things but I will still happy to pay the membership.

and YES I hate Greg......

why????

Because he bought the Forum and I didn't :D

Mike

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Platinum members can list their domains in the weekly auction. Will the number of domains they can list remain at two - or will that be increased?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
Platinum members can list their domains in the weekly auction. Will the number of domains they can list remain at two - or will that be increased?

For the next week or three everyone will be able to continue to put 2 names in the auction. After that, we'll have an increased number allowed/Platinum member that will reduce as the number of Platinum members rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom