Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Platinum Accounts Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Existing members can now sign up for a Platinum Membership. The price is $49.95/year. Lot of you made that much or more on your first sale here. Now you can give something back and get some perks to boot. To upgrade click on the "Register" tab above while logged in. Then you will see a link to change your current membership plan. Follow that and you're set.

Here are the different levels:

Silver Plan:
- Annual membership fee of $9.95
- Ability to browse the forums

Gold Plan:
- Annual membership fee of $14.95
- All the features included in the Silver Plan.
- Ability to post to the forums.
- Ability to create threads in all forums except the advertising section and the Platinum private forum.
- Ability to send private messages.
- Ability to attend and bid in the live auctions.

Platinum Plan:
- Annual membership fee of $49.95
- All the features of the Gold Plan.
- Ability to list domains for auctions.
- Ability to create threads in the advertising section.
- Access to a Platinum member only forum.
- Ability to have links, colors and size control in your forum signature.
- Get 5 free guest passes for 2 weeks of Gold membership each.
- Discounted SnapBacks® (available shortly)
- 800 DNF$ Bonus Now through March 12, 2003

For now all existing members will have access to the live auctions. Shortly you will need to be a Platinum member to list names in the auction.

For those of you that say you will never pay a penny, it may be several months before you will have to pay. So enjoy while you can.

Upvote 0

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
We already have 21 Paid Platinum Members -- Thanks Guys.

Not bad for a day's work. :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Excellent!
Also, BigFart officially joins the ranks of Coolseller/CE0 and JH3 on MY "Ignore List" ... what a perfect day! :)
Good Luck.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Something I wanted to point out is that any visitor to DNForum can read everything in the advertising section without being registered.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you know the saying dont let the door hit you on the a$$,lol

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are insinuating I gave them your email address, you're sadly mistaken.

No. If anything, I was wondering if there is a security hole being exploited in vBulletin (this happens), or if "SupaWhois" simply did a bunch of detective work on his "Undisclosed Recipient" list. The e-mail wasn't in DNForum's interests, so obviously there's nothing to be implied regarding any type of collusion.

Give me some credit.

Again, to reiterate my main message, "it'd be nice if there was a forum news section for these types of announcements", and "good luck on the new plans, I know its a lot of work."

:rolleyes:

My only criticism of this place may well be helped by these efforts, but nothing can help pissy attitudes I guess.

~ Nexus

P.S. And regarding jh3's "clicking the e-mail button" comment. Doing it that way puts headers on the message that did not show up in "SupaWhois's" mail campaign. His headers say he used Outlook Express.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Everything is for sale except for my 2 kids. :)

How much for the wife??? :laugh:

I'll be signing up come payday.

$4.16 per month is absolutely nothing. its about the cost of a sandwich in a filling station here. and i'm sure most people here have paid much more than that in fees listing a single name on ebay regardless of if they sell or not.

this and a few other things that have gone on at dnforum lately put me in mind of a phenomenon that seems to happen when dealing with forums on the internet that the members automatically assume that the owner owes them something for spending time at their site. or that they somehow deserve a say in what goes on with the design of the site. I personally am grateful for what dnforum has allowed me to do over the past 6 months i have been here. I've made more than enough to cover the membership fee and keep a nice profit as well and i am an extremely casual domainer buying and selling on rare occassions.

when people complain so heavily about such a trivial charge and stomp their feet and say well i just wont come here anymore it makes me wonder if they have any ulterior motives for doing so or like mikemike said they are just plain jealous. but i suppose if you try to make progress anywhere there will always be people there to stand in your way or to shout their dissaproval from the sidelines. thats just human nature i suppose.

also this fee needs to be put into context. people here happily pay $69 for a snap that will get them a single name (possibly). well how much do you think this single name will net you ? i dont mean the big names that come along that you may get on a fluke. i mean the bog standard drops that could get you a couple of hundred profit on your $69. well if you don't think that dnforum will help you make $200 in a whole year then you are doing something wrong. or take for instance exody. people pay $30 - $50 a month for their service but may never manage to ever get a decent name. If people are willing to hedge their bets and put a few $$$ on snaps and exody drop lists then why is it so difficult to pay a measly $4 for monthly access to dnforum.com???

ciq

turner67

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there a firm date on when the forum will be a paid site?

Alex C.

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
greg, this is not whining, not a suggestion, just an idea you MAY think about implementing.

Seeing as visitors cannot see the forums, why not select 2 (or 1 or 3 etc) random forums a week, and make the topic titles visible for the whole length of time, and the threads readable for the top 10 or 20 (or 5 of 30 :p) topics... gives people a preview of the actual site, not just the fact that people are advertising here...

Alex

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fonzerelli_79
thats me signed up:)

ooo....now i can see the secret rooms....muhahaha!;)

Hey, how could I not sign up? I'm in. Now where are those secret rooms Fonze?

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol - my status hasnt been changed yet stoc - will have to wait for gregr to change it i guess

edit : my status has been changed - woohoo!:)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some of you have asked for the current membership totals after one day. Here they are:

Paid Memberships:

Platinum 27

Gold 8

Silver 6

Tyler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just paid my $49.95 and want to know where the secret room is? Thanks for your help :)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tyler
I just paid my $49.95 and want to know where the secret room is? Thanks for your help :)

That's a keeper ! ..I have been in a real "agitated" mood tha last couple days.. but that comment made my day Tyler..

I paid up..Where's the secret room?! :) I love it...

Tyler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when you get the $800 DNF Bucks bonus?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tyler

Tyler I'll check into it. :) Expect the 800 DNF$ shortly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom