Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed PlayboyLounge.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Please seek comment and advice in the "Legal issues" section of this site! Immediately. Thanks.
Good Luck.

M

machine

hmm well a playboy is a noun. So I doubt that as it was already regged a year with no problems (I assume) that Playboy are interested.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Playboy will come a calling and they won't pay a penny. I suggest you wait until you get the letter with the gold embossed bunny ears and then give it to them. At least that way, you get something. :)

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Check out this link:

http://www.icann.org/udrp/Detail1.htm

There is a laundry list of "Playboy" names currently pending. I would not assume you are safe. I also saw one (plaiboy.net" that was "Case suspended, other":

http://www.icann.org/udrp/Detail3.htm

Better be careful. Might be worth more if the respondent wins the pending UDRP - until then most would shy away from this one.

M

machine

Really?
Man that sucks.
The annoying thing is that didn't even cross my mind when I saw it - I thought of rich jetsetters and high class women.

playboy

n : a man devoted to the pursuit of pleasure

A question for the experienced amongst you. If this domain is such bad news how come it was allowed to expire? Surely the company would have already taken it?

I'm not arguing with you - I'm sure you're right. Just trying to learn and then maybe one day I'll have ONE domain worth anything to anyone :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
UDRP's are "publicity", too (potentially one answer to your question). You gotta remember, too ... they can defend ANYTHING they want, and at any time, and for any cost. And, even if they "lose", they still WIN.
Yes! Welcome to the 'Bigs, 'Machine! :)
Good Luck.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You do not have to give them the domain. Youd definition of PlayBoy is correct and it may not have anything to do with the PlayBoy TM. It will cost you in defence fees though, so it is better just to let it go.

One thing you can try is develop it quickly and make it a strictly talk forums site devoted to 'players' and 'playboys'. Create your own logo, do not use anything wich would resemble the bunny and put a disclamer on the bottom line stating you have nothing to do with Playboy the enterprise and are in no way associated with them or anyone associated with them.

proprom

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
if it has any type in traffic, you can sign up for there affiliate program.

M

machine

good idea proprom but I can't seem to find any trace of an affiliate program anymore.

Here is an interesting statement from a ruling when Playboy took Netscape to court over linking the word playboy to banner ads not related to the Playboy corporation.

....the words "playboy" and "playmate", unattached to PEI's goods and services, are merely words in the English language which PEI does not own....

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As i was saying you will not have to give them the domain. DOes not mean they cant attempt to take it though. Its not a question of if you have the right o own it, its a question of do you want to spend some cash defending the right.

proprom

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
if your affraid of fighting playbody then sell it to me and ill fight them :cool:

I'll paypal you the regfee + transfer fee tonight if you willing.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Playboy sued me in federal court. My domain was a little more bothersome to them. It was PlayboyBunny.com. My lawyer tried to get something out of them. He got nothing.

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you win, and they lose, do they then have to cover all your legal fees?

M

machine

Thanks all for your input. I'm going to keep it and develop it. Probably something to do with tourism in Monaco etc.
I can see why PlayboyBunny.com was fought in court Greg as this is quite obviously a tm issue. I don't think this is even in the same league.
As for the offer to send me paypal for it - I can't accept Paypal - I only have a real merchant account. :)
Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators