Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Please Appreciate DNForum.com Member Attorneys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to remind DNForum.com members to use the professional services of one of the many Attorney member contributors we have here when you have to go beyond simple advice.

We are fortunate to have the cream of the crop here. Let's try and keep them here. :)

Domain Summit 2024

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This forum category provides an excellent contribution to the professionalism of this site. Very good work here...

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ari Goldberg from ESQWire.com is a very knowledgeable attorney especially in the field of intellectual property and the internet. Glad to have him a member of this beautiful forum.

crabby

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've utilized the talents of one of the participating attorneys here, and because of it I won the battle in slam-dunk fashion.

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This goes out to all the attorneys in the forum:

I think what scares off some people from hiring an attorney is the perception that the fees are quite unattainable - and reality is that many services are done many times daily, you have staff trained to do the monotonous part of the task etc.

And given that skill, the price is cheaper than some would expect.

Maybe could you list a few of your more common services you offer and then the rate for that procedure? Would be nice to know a round-about number.

Thanks!
-WC-

HOWARD

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will be glad to provide my fee schedule to anyone who wishes to email me at [email protected]. Frankly, a lot of the work that is done in this field is at little or no charge.

Ari Goldberger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I, together with a number of the other attorneys who frequent this forum I believe, are happy to provide free initial consultations, as you can see from our numerous postings.

If I believe a case is worthwhile handling, I will provide a price, often at a flat rate. If I do not think it is worthwhile, I will not recommend you waste your money. Often times, the best result is a settlement, where you can make a legal threat go away, so you can sleep at night, free of the risk of potential damages, mental stress, and painful legal bills that can add up all too quickly.

I think I speak for all the lawyers on this board when I say we are dedicated to helping the domain owner battle against the big trademark interests that attempt to bully law abiding registrants, while at the same time advising against the risky practice of abusive domain registration.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Frankly, a lot of the work that is done in this field is at little or no charge."

It's nice to know that ahead of time, though.

I have accepted payment in the form of:

- a wool blanket
- a fruit basket
- macadamia nuts
- frequent flier miles
- a key lime pie
- hotel accomodations

It can make tax time interesting.

I'm happy to accept dnforum bucks for a brief consultation.

"Maybe could you list a few of your more common services you offer and then the rate for that procedure? Would be nice to know a round-about number."

As Ari said, most attorneys are willing to provide an estimate for dealing with your particular matter. My standard rate chart is like the old poster:

Answers: $1.00

Answers requiring thought: $5.00

Correct Answers: $10.00

Dumb looks are still free!

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

We are fortunate to have the cream of the crop here. Let's try and keep them here. :)

Hear Hear.

They also have a sense of humor - which makes them even more valuable since we are a funny bunch. :D

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ari Goldberger
I, together with a number of the other attorneys who frequent this forum I believe, are happy to provide free initial consultations, as you can see from our numerous postings.

If I believe a case is worthwhile handling, I will provide a price, often at a flat rate. If I do not think it is worthwhile, I will not recommend you waste your money.

Ari is true to his word.

When I recieved a C&D letter last May, I contacted him. Ari assessed the situation and said I would have a 50/50 shot at BEST to keep the name. Ari recommended that I just cough it up, which I did.

All this was done on a free consulation basis. He was first class and pleasant the entire time.

I told him that should I ever get another C&D letter, he had my business. Fortunately (for me), I have not received another one (yet :D )

-Bob

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe some of the participating attorneys can offer a little insight on "common law" trademarks, as they pertain to domain name disputes.

This is a big issue right now for many domain owners.

What does a covetous entity have to prove under Lanham/ ACPA?

Is distinctiveness or fame required to prevail?

What is the standard of distinctivness, fame, or recognition?

How can a domain owner defeat "common law" claims?

Is there any federal case law about "common law" domain name disputes?

tassos

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Attorneys of this forum you are blessed!..
be prepared to help me with my problem that will come soon..

www.pepsi.gr
.. no comments.. i ll need lot of advice.. and remember "pepsi" is greek word. i m greek , i m in athens greece

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When I first saw the title of this thread I sort it read:

"Please Appraise DNForum.com Member Attorneys."

:D

M

mole

Okay, okay... I'll take Ari. He seems very in tuned with .biz :D Networth $6m in 2 years time when .biz really takes off.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Please Appraise DNForum.com Member Attorneys."

Provider Four bids 300 quatloos...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom