Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Please explain the effect bandwidth has on the ability to catch deletions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was informed by Snap Names that the registrar with the most available bandwidth is the registrar most likely to catch a domain name upon deletion. Can someone give a brief and simple explanation as to the principles this statement is based on. Thank you.

www.TradeALink.com

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If a domain is deleted at 2:13pm and 30 seconds EST and your in Hong Kong and your using a register in America - Your Click has to go half way round the world to the server !

With the competition so great - domains can be lost and won in a split second

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So if I am based in Herndon, VA or D.C., then I would have the best chance to pick up a drop from NSI? And if I had a large site with nobody on it, this would increase my odds? Hmm, I guess that would explain BuyDomains success. Thanks for the input.

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel like an idiot learning that considering I spent all my .US domain launch time trying to register many of my .us names with Register.com only to find them later registered through NameScout. Lessons you can't afford to learn over and over.

~ D.

Brujah

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The "closest" registrar isn't the correct bandwidth explanation as far as I can tell.

Lets assume your bandwidth lets you check 100 names per second and you have 100 names to check. You can check a name every second. If you only have 50 names to check, you can check a name twice every second. More bandwidth allows you to check more, check faster.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Brujah is right.
During the drop NSI sometime restricts the amount of bandwidth in the registrar's connections. Causes them to slow down the number of queries per second they can run... thereby affecting their drop performance.

Think of it like a garden hose. the more you constrict it the less water flows through.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators