Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Please review: BuyGibsons.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Site is nice. I assume you're the Gibson Seller?
What is 'bans'?
Newbie here, so please forgive me if my questions are out of line.

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow - GREAT job the BANS Niche store! I have a cloud directory of stores on my BANS blog at http://www.thenichestorebuilder.com/niche-sites/ shoot on over and grab the term that best describes your niche. When the paypal screen pops up, just close it out and I will approve the link for you.

The only thing I would recommend is that you build out your main store menu based on keyword research. Make it different from the default ebay categories and you will be rewarded with visitors! There are a few recent posts about how to do it on the blog.

One of my longtime web accounts is www.maverick-music.com, he has some very unique collector guitars in his warehouse, including an original Hendrix strat. Take a peek... it make drool sometimes!

Frank - BANS is the acronym for Build a Niche Store. It is a pretty good point/click script that uses the eBay affiliate program. The whole thing can be installed in about 30 minutes / site. Full SEO optimization takes about 8-12 hours if done right... I have quite a bit written about it all in my sig link.

Mark

edyst3

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your site is cool.
Try to add another article about your topic.
I also join bans but haven't developed yet. Only standard template.

Hi Frank.
BANS (Build A Niche Store) is a website builder which enables you to create a network of traffic pulling, money making niche websites focused around the eBay affiliate opportunity.

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I feel like I'm wandering around in a cave without a flashlight.

Mark. Nice site. What do I do? Just pick a maket at random and make links? Make a site selling My products/services? I'm hoping the dumbest question is the one I don't ask, not the one I ask. Neanderthal here.

KMEDIA

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys.

Frank, look into Mark's site. I have read it and highly recommend it. It decribes the process very well.

Thanks for the info Mark - will look into the tag cloud tomorrow.

I have a question for another BANS site Im present time developing. Its about boats.

Since boats are pretty expensive to ship I want to target locations.

Mark,
I know can I create a store page with a search query, but that wouldnt work, because it only searches the titles and the location is in the description.

Is there any solution for that?

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice site Jonas........how was the overall experience to get it up and running?....keep us posted on your success!

Tony

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a question for another BANS site Im present time developing. Its about boats.

Since boats are pretty expensive to ship I want to target locations.

Mark,
I know can I create a store page with a search query, but that wouldnt work, because it only searches the titles and the location is in the description.

Is there any solution for that?

Hi -

I have actually seen an auto site done that exact way! (localjeepwranglerDOTcom).

All in all, I dont know for sure that there would be a major benefit to creating a store like this - but I have not talked to the owner about it all.

For myself, the PRIMARY goal is to get people in and over to eBay within 2-3 clicks. In the example above, if you go through a few categories and they are empty... a user may get frustrated and just move on.

IMHO - it would be easier, less time consuming, and much less of a coding headache to just place a short statement or link somewhere inside the search form, (Search for "YOUR NICHE HERE" in YOUR Local Area) that links over to eBay, with your PID in the code. :)

Mark. Nice site. What do I do? Just pick a maket at random and make links? Make a site selling My products/services? I'm hoping the dumbest question is the one I don't ask, not the one I ask. Neanderthal here.

You really want to do a bit of niche market research before jumping into a new domain. I actually have step #2 and step #3 devoted to finding a niche worth pursuing. (http://www.thenichestorebuilder.com/discovering-your-niche-market.htm)

I always suggest choosing something or some product you know about as a first strore. It is always easier to develop and optimize when you are familiar with it.

Mark

KMEDIA

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Mark.

localjeepwranglerDOTcom looks very good, but doesnt seem to work that good with the locations. I tested 5 random and and only 3 of them was located in the correct city.

I will eventually get my programmers to customize BANS.

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mark! That's what I thought. i own a site selling hot sauces, etc, but it's more of a business card for me. I do great setting up a booth somewhere for face to face. The site becomes a 'restock' locale for current customers.

Again, Thanks for the reply. I'll be studying at your site and elsewhere for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators