Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

POOL Now Taking Pre-Orders For 59 New gTLD Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, you do not have to put any money down when applying for these names.
Great.

But are the terms spelled out as in how much an extension will cost per domain?

Imagine later being hit with a bill you did not recall what the hell for.

Pool is way down my ladder of trusted companies.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hey there radioz,I checked out the pool site this is getting to be very interesting, to see how many of us domainers with these new extensions,will actually be racing to get names regged

I pray that you are right but there may be sections on this board for each and everyone of these extensions in a couple of years and some testimonial from someone who bought 3,000 of them and is sure that they are much better than .COM, that they will use them for all of their marketing efforts, and that they are for sale for X,XXX each (OK, a few may actually be worth something but not that many) and that he will be rich, rich, rich!!

Pool is way down my ladder of trusted companies.

This is another incredibly stupid ICANN designed only to make money for domain registrars and their ilk. A really honest extension should be added - .SCAM! Most registrars and drop catchers should be required to use it! I really do like Pool.SCAM!

bocajohnh

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I reg unix.sco, will SCO sue me too? :rolleyes:

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who cares (5)
Pool is funny though

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.Stupidity

.MoneyWaste

.FoolDomainers

.NeverWillBeReggedbyPublic

.Rips

.com is the only way to go.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But .sco will be good for my wee country :)
I agree completely.

ccTLD's coming are a good move for you and your countrymen.

I am not big on ccTLD's.

Just reading today where Holland (Netherlands) has the most ccTLD's regged per person/density than any country. Perhaps the Scots can go for the record.
My wife is of Scot/Welsh decent. Perhaps they would like their family name.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unless administered by Nominet, I'm afraid .sco will be a complete waste of time, ergo my previous post. The basic fact is that Scotland is part of the United Kingdom and any 'breakaway' extension will not have the adoption to make it viable.

kevmacmeh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unless administered by Nominet, I'm afraid .sco will be a complete waste of time, ergo my previous post. The basic fact is that Scotland is part of the United Kingdom and any 'breakaway' extension will not have the adoption to make it viable.

"The First Minister has released research from the working group which shows that there is strong support for a new community TLD. 58% of organisations (from the public, private and third sectors) in Scotland support the creation of a Scots community TLD with only 18% being against. A huge 82% of organisations in the Scots Diaspora back the application with just 8% being against."

A lot of Scottish people dont consider themselves British (like me). It makes sense to create a .sco extension for those who dont want to use .co.uk to promote their business. Plus, Scotland could be independent by 2010 :eek:k:

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"The First Minister has released research from the working group which shows that there is strong support for a new community TLD. 58% of organisations (from the public, private and third sectors) in Scotland support the creation of a Scots community TLD with only 18% being against. A huge 82% of organisations in the Scots Diaspora back the application with just 8% being against."

A lot of Scottish people dont consider themselves British (like me). It makes sense to create a .sco extension for those who dont want to use .co.uk to promote their business. Plus, Scotland could be independent by 2010 :eek:k:
Independent in spirit maybe. But not fiscally independent.

So if you're not British, what are you? I'm English and proud to be British. Shame on you.

kevmacmeh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Independent in spirit maybe. But not fiscally independent.

So if you're not British, what are you? I'm English and proud to be British. Shame on you.

I'm Scottish and nothing else. I've been brought up to love my country and can't wait for Scotland to finally break free from the UK. Just my personal opinion!
Posted via Mobile Device

DomainSpace

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Typical English guy above... Remember the saying if it's nay Scottish it's crap! Well being Scottish we are that Scottish (not english, not uk - Scottish... just like Irish people are Irish - we are one of our own)... You wonder why we want our own extension never mind our own Freedom. purdeadbrilliant!

ftaylor

.scot
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice logo kevmacmeh.

www.dotsco.org. There's quite alot of support for .sco. It's also the year of homecoming Scotland. I think that there will be alot of support and uptake for .sco. I expect to see the government pushing it through tv ads before it comes out.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
whocares 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators