Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Portfolio appraisal for tax purposes

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you guys ever used any certified appraisal service to get an estimate on what's your portfolio worth? I need this for tax purposes in my country. I am sure some of members have already used such service in similar situations (ie. when you form a LLC and you're buying your own portfolio from yourself).

Please, recommend something affordable.

Thanks!

ulterios

Don't look back, it's confusing!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have never needed this service and haven't done it before. I do know that I have heard some people have used Sedo for that. I imaging it might be costly though.

Here's their link and it states on the page that it's also used for tax purposes.
sedo.com/us/services/domain-appraisal/

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help. Good Luck.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since there is no such thing as 'certified' domain appraisal I am not sure what kind of service the tax authorities would deem acceptable ?
I am not familiar with your local rules, but I think that depends on how you qualify your domain inventory: assets or expenses.

Perhaps you could have a look at webtrh.cz and I think there is at least one Slovak domain forum - I just can't remember the name right now.

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys!

@katherine I am a member of webtrh.cz, however, these guys do not deal with gtld domains too much, and I guess this is just too specific situation. All I need is some valuation, and I find it stupid to evaluate my portfolio by myself :)

ulterios

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys!
You are most welcome.

I wish I could be of more help, I have just not encountered this issue myself or with anyone else I know of so I don't know any good resources for this purpose.

Good Luck

Dushan Savich

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How could one possibly estimate correctly the value of a domain portfolio? The value is what some specific end user is willing to pay on a given day. It could be $xxx or $xxx,xxx,xxx its like with art. I do not know how an art collection is appraised or taxed I guess the same problems apply.

ulterios

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
How could one possibly estimate correctly the value of a domain portfolio? The value is what some specific end user is willing to pay on a given day. It could be $xxx or $xxx,xxx,xxx its like with art. I do not know how an art collection is appraised or taxed I guess the same problems apply.
The appraisals of art are based on professionals opinions of what they would fetch money wise at that time. As for domains, I guess it would be the same, you would need some kind of professional service stating what their estimated value is at that particular time.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators