Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Portfolio cleansing... drop names or sell them at clearance prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I decided several weeks back to reduce my portfolio which meant taking losses on a # of names. I've done this about 3x in the last 12 years. I picked out about 60+ names & told myself... these names are going to go. I started them at $149 & dropped prices constantly (listing them here & elsewhere... even sold a few on eBay). The remaining names are down to $7 (most were sold in the $10-$30 level).

So here's the question... am I hurting myself advertising these names this cheap? What I mean by that is - will other domainers think that I am willing to sell most of my names at these prices? Is it better to let the names drop rather then sell them at cheapo prices? I've sold a # of names over the years in the $X,XXX - $XX,XXX range (even turned down $XXX,XXX range offers on one name). So does it look crazy that I want $75,000 on one name, $5,000 on another... while I have 20 others I'm selling for under $10?

I'm down to just over 300 names in my portfolio now which feels better than when I was at 1200+ names (sold over 1000 names throughout the years at a variety of pricepoints). Website income is at a small fraction compared to a few years ago (my own fault) so less annual renewal fees feels good.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Hey Larry, send me your for sale list, I'll take a look.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
send me the list too please Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom