Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

[[[ Posible Solution to "Old Threads" Problem ]]]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayDee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I Don't know if this is an appropriate thread to post in this section and I'm sorry if this annoys anoyone.

<! -- MOVED by Moderator from "Domains Wanted" to "Suggestions and Feedback" -->

I was reading about the problem of people creating threads in the "Domains Wanted" section and those creators not posting to it to update the seller regarding the fact that they have found a name or is not interested in it any longer. Here are two possible SOLUTIONS that might be appropriate if the members agree to it.

SOLUTION 1:

When a buyer creates a thread in the "Domains Wanted" section he/she MUST include an ENDING DATE in the Topic/Sublect field.
Ex:

Topic: "One Word .COM domain name wanted [ENDING: 05/15/03] "

What's the use?
At least this will deter SOME user from posting after the Ending date. This could resolve a lot of posting after the script the thread is old.

If any seller does not post an "ENDING" date on the thread that thread will be moved to some other "WARNING" section maybe. And so it's their own fault if they didn't adhere to the rule.

SOLUTION 2:

This solution is a "fail safe" that will bu built on top of Solution 1

A Buyer will have created a thread with an "ENDING" date in the subject line as per SOLUTION 1

This will "deter" people from posting to it after the Ending Date.

How to prevent posting to this socalled "Expired Threads"?

This forum is driven by vBulletin. Any Admin or Moderator can PRUNE or MOVE threads that have not had any new posts for the last 15 days in the "Domains Wanted" section every two weeks. This is the only way that a "life span" of a thread can be judged in vBulletin. At least as far as I recall.

So that means on the 1st and 15 th of each month an Admin will Prune or Move a thread that has not been posted to in the past 15 days. Admins can move the threads to a "Domaind Wanted Archive" section, perhaps

The 15 day period is of course upto the admin. He can chose what ever period he wants.

So what's the use?
At least this will prevent people from replying to posts that are really old.

The bottom line is simple.
Buyers post an Ending Date on the topics of new threads.
Any thread not posted during a set period will be Pruned (deleted) or moved to some defined section ("Domaind Wanted Archive")

Just a few thoughts to help keep the sanity of this "Domains Wanted" section.

Please feel free to comment.

Have a great day.

Upvote 0

KayDee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No Comments anyone?

Guess the solution sucked! lol

Well I tried :)

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks KayDee!

You have some good idea here. I just hope the mods and owner don't decide to just "let it ride".

I don't get why they would basically ignore what is obviously a problem and an annoyance to their paid customers, especially when applying a few ideas like yours and the ones Shapry and I suggested are so easy!

See Ya Later!
WebCat

KayDee

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks WebCat :)

Yeah I really hope they take all our ideas and implement a practical solution real fast.

Let's keep our fingers crossed! :)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom