• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

PR appears to be updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

labrocca

Omniscient
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2004
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
3
Please check all your domains as it appears there is an update happening. I know it's early but I have democracyforums.com PR8 now at all datacenters which last week was PR0.

Anyone else showing changes?
 
Yes there has been a pr update, All mine have changed as well
 
Joey have you seen anything odd like a site PR7 or PR8. I just can't believe the site I started promoting 3 weeks ago is PR8.
 
labrocca said:
Joey have you seen anything odd like a site PR7 or PR8. I just can't believe the site I started promoting 3 weeks ago is PR8.


I got a pr5 on a site I started march 4th,

and a friend got a pr7 on a directory he started in late feb,


Its all legit,
 
Yes ---- This appears to be a PR update that will stick..... It has effected an odd variety of sites. At first I thought that it only effected new sites, but it appears that it has effected mostly low PR sites where I have yet to find and increase on a PR5 or higher site....

Another thing that I have noticed is that Google has been very generous with the amount of PR given to the sites that did move....
 
Yes I agree on the generous partm Thanx Google!
 
Yep, I just noticed it myself! I was wonking on a site that has only been online for a couple of weeks and I noticed a PR2 in the toolbar. I refreshed my browser, still there, checked a couple more sites and they had updated too! Well I guess 4 months was getting a bit long between updates...
 
Google like to mix it up so you never know, what they are thinking - I guess they were to predictable, so they mixed it up alittle,

Guees now we wont know.............
 
I bought more than month ago 1 x PR9 link, 2 x PR8 and couple of PR7 to my main business site. PR went down from 5 to 4. But for my top converting phrase I am No. 6 in Google, before was No 40.
Pagerank-Schmagerank...
 
Holy moly Jesse, how on earth did that forum just become PR8. I see no evidence of cloaking either (not suggesting you would, but it can inadvertantly happen). Maybe G W Bush has given PR8 to all sites that promote democracy :D
 
I tend to agree that PR holds little weight in the actual results pages but I still believe the page must have at least a 3 or 4 to show up in the results pages. Pages lower than 3 or 4 will not show (please correct me if I'm wrong).
 
All of the forums on my main forum finally got pr
 
deepstar said:
I tend to agree that PR holds little weight in the actual results pages but I still believe the page must have at least a 3 or 4 to show up in the results pages. Pages lower than 3 or 4 will not show (please correct me if I'm wrong).


Yes, you are wrong - Pr can affect you, but you can also have nice results and low pr, Matt Cutts just said in an interview the other day that Pr is going to work with your crawlabity, meaning the higher your pr the more they will like to crawl you

BUT, you can have results even in the top 5 without pr

Now if its a new registration, YES there is a sandbox and new site content filter

thats a whole seperate issue,
 
Maybe why the toolbar has been acting up the last couple of days.
 
I did put lots of seo into it,
 
lukeeales said:
Holy moly Jesse, how on earth did that forum just become PR8. I see no evidence of cloaking either (not suggesting you would, but it can inadvertantly happen). Maybe G W Bush has given PR8 to all sites that promote democracy :D

Yeah I was using fake PR checkers too...took me about an hour to realize it appears real. I did do some great linking for the site the past few weeks. Google has been eating up my forums too. I been getting first page results for some decent terms. Even though the site has about 90 members and 1400 posts. Google has indexed about 35k pages. I am using a new forum software called mybb. It's doing very well for me. Say goodbye to PHPBB.
 
Oh yeah, some sites went up, some went down.

But I agree with Denny007, keyword ranking for 1 of the sites whose pr went down is still going strong.

But I still would rather go up :-D

Many names jumped from 0 to 2 also.
 
I was rather excited to see two of my new sites up to pr5 from pr0.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom