Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

developed PR6, 18,000 uniques avg. month, Profitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolfishinggear

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm concidering selling my website www.cheapnovelty.com . I have dropshipping, affiliate, and ad revenue. Approx. $1500-2000+ (varies) month net profit. Lots of room to grow! Hosted through bizhosting.com . Low hosting costs. Revenues are in the mid $XX, XXX per yer. Average 18,000 unique visitors a month. A PR6 and many links.

I'm starting a family and need to buy a new house.

I've been advised that 4-5x yearly revenues would be an appropriate asking price. If this is so site is worth low to mid $XXX,XXX range. This site has tons of potential.

Please PM me offers with min. high $ XX,XXX + range and or questions.

Domain Summit 2024

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
4-5 times yearly revenue seems a bit high. Usually it is more like 2-3 times yearly revenue. But that is just my experience.

Best Regards
Nico

coolfishinggear

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
2-3 times yearly revenue, would still put this site in the low $xxx,xxx range for value. I'm asking for offers in the high $xx,xxx range to low $xxx,xxx. My margins are very nice, high %. Also there is no inventory needed, drop ship. Site has been running for 2.5 yrs.

Thanks to all the responders!

mccollin

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you've been given bad advise on pricing. 4-5 times yearly "revenue" would really be a stretch and I doubt you'd get anywhere close to that. The metric that is usually used to value a site is yearly "profit", not "revenue". Depending on the site, this may or may not be a big difference. Some content sites make all of their income from advertising, and their only cost is hosting. In this case, revenue nearly equals profit. In your case, there is probably a huge difference between revenue and profit. You have credit card fees, hosting cost, shipping cost, cost of returns, and other business expenses. All of that is taken from your margin or gross profit percentage of sales. You also have to consider the value of inbound links, the domain, and where the traffic is coming from (i.e., does the owner subsidize the traffic). If you are willing to sell in low $xx,xxx, then I would like to find out more and see history on sales/profits via PM.

coolfishinggear

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My margin is quite high. As stated above the site generates profit of between 1500-2000+ a month. Some months are higher then the $2000. Also this site has great PR and very nice visitor volume(see above). The room for growth potential is also enourmous due to the industry and type of products that could be indexed. Now even if you use 3, 4 or 5 x times yearly Profit you are still looking at high $xx,xxx value to low $ xxx,xxx value. It would be very foolish for me to sell the site in the low $xx,xxx when it generates more in profit yearly for me then that figure.

I do agree with you the 4-5x rev's. Is wrong. Profit should be used. Thanks for the great reply.

coolfishinggear

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great PM's. I've had some very nice offers. Not quite what I'm looking for but keep them coming!

jtooder

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How does the site get its traffic? Is it paid traffic? through free search engine visitors?

All this matter cause with the volatile search engine industry nothing is guaranteed. Thats why 4-5 years of anything is risky.

coolfishinggear

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
free search engines,, a little paid, and outside links. And I'm looking for 3-4 times yearly profit. Thanks

coolfishinggear

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Due to the numerous PM's I'm posting this to answer the questions. Yes I'm still entertaining offers on the site. Thanks!

coolfishinggear

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still taking offers! Thanks to the many that have expressed interest!

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Question: Do you keep your own inventory?

mud

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like a cool site.

Btw, your "april coupons" image is dead :dead:

coolfishinggear

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes I know,, Updating that coupon. Thanks... yes a very low maintance site!

ZaZZeR.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
coolfishinggear said:
My margin is quite high. As stated above the site generates profit of between 1500-2000+ a month. Some months are higher then the $2000. Also this site has great PR and very nice visitor volume(see above). The room for growth potential is also enourmous due to the industry and type of products that could be indexed. Now even if you use 3, 4 or 5 x times yearly Profit you are still looking at high $xx,xxx value to low $ xxx,xxx value. It would be very foolish for me to sell the site in the low $xx,xxx when it generates more in profit yearly for me then that figure.

I do agree with you the 4-5x rev's. Is wrong. Profit should be used. Thanks for the great reply.

I am confused. $1500 per month times 12 months = $18k profit

$2000 per month times 12 months = $24k in profit per year and you said "It would be very foolish for me to sell the site in the low $xx,xxx when it generates more in profit yearly for me then that figure."

Are those not low $XX,XXX figures? So let's say that you profit $24k per year on average and you were to get 3 years profit for the site. That equals $72k. That is the highest value that I would be able to place on your site, but I think a better value is about $40-45K. Just my opinion of course and that also would depend on the value of all the sites linking to your site. Are they going to keep you linked? Are they relevant link partners? Are they stable or will they be out of business in 2 months and drop your profit $5k per year? If 90% of your traffic were search engine traffic, I could see $75k+ as a nice selling price, but without, I think you will be lucky to get $40k. Just my opinion of course and no offense intended.

gph

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Most developed sites that I've seen sell on forums like these have sold for no more than 6-10 times the MONTHLY profits. Just an FYI.

gph

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes

not way someone will pay 5 times YEARLY profit for this

great site though

coolfishinggear

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
icehole said:
yes

not way someone will pay 5 times YEARLY profit for this

great site though

I'm not looking for 5 times the yearly profit. I was looking for 3-3.5. Also 90 of the traffic does come from search engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom