• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Premium .eu domains... How did he do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
VG_KING said:
I've heard nothing but complaints about .eu pre-registrations, especially with GoDaddy. I'm glad that I see no value in the .eu extension. :-D


agree 100 %
 
"no value in the .eu extension" ...R U SURE ?
maybe some are overestimating it but has "some" value ...

just sold an ugly 18 euros .eu for 2k euros .. :)

sorry that cannot give the name out for proof BUT will be actually a lease for 1-2 months until I am able to change owner.

the 2k amount is just above the 1990 euro min. fee required for a dispute
check here : http://www.adreu.eurid.eu/adr/fees/index.php

so a company other than risking going to a dispute is 100% willing to pay u the dispute fee and get dn. You will see a lot of domains at this price in the future.
 
Poker.eu no longer listed for sale at Sedo. Just wondering out loud if it got sold!?
 
And a "royale" car also. :D
 
Not to mention he could also "flush" his wife down the drain, and get "three-of-a-kind" bimbos instead.
 
hope he chokes on his own vomit
 
This is why sunrise/etc. is stupid......just open it up with a free for all and wish everyone luck.
 
RossH said:
and wish everyone luck.

"Luck"?? Luck is never involved when it comes to big money.
 
sasquatch said:
"Luck"?? Luck is never involved when it comes to big money.

Agreed. If they're not doing things in an ethical manner--or at least trying!--then they're the lowest lying, cheating, thieving scumbags!
 
They should have arranged an european domain lottery ... hehe... that would have been fun !
 
Money comes to money,easier to make 10 mil with a mil than a mil wiv 100k
 
krooga said:
I was looking thru my .eu domains which I won and I was surprised to see so many good domains owned by one person...

money.eu internet.eu loans.eu loan.eu law.eu stocks.eu insurance.eu finance.eu trade.eu cars.eu mortgage.eu tax.eu books.eu computers.eu lawyer.eu security.eu help.eu women.eu poker.eu privacy.eu radio.eu

How did he do it ????

All owed by:

Company: Drake Ventures Limited
Name: David Kenny

Some more i've found

ski.eu
telephone.eu

Your guy used Belgium Trademarks and mostly Pool (Momentous.ca) as his registrar.

I think I've got an even better one:

Company: Yellow Register On Line AB
Swedish Trademarks

Already has poker.eu--which he had listed on Sedo for a short while!?--and a bunch of others and is first in line for sex.eu, creditcards.eu, and a whole bunch more. This guy's obviously not legit as his "trademark" was supposed to be used to protect the brand and not to be used to secure with the intent to resell and, thereby, profit at the expense of legit registration attempts by others--namely all of us!
 
Is not a trademark for a company... so he's ok.
I would sell also poker.eu for 1 mil if I have a buyer...

As of EURid, they don't give a crap, they made a load of money with the new US registrars.
I had fun few days ago and actually called some of the phantom registrars, got free long distance in US. ;)
Nice answer machines they've got there, with cool names on them... like eNom, SnapNames, Pool...
 
poker.eu is still 'application pending'.
As with some other premium .eu names listed on Sedo, people put them up for sale and they're not even registered.
Actually .eu domains can't even be transferred to another owner 'till next week.
Value of .eu's? guess it depends whether you own some or not;)
advertising.eu sold on ebay yesterday for 165K US$.
 
The popularity of the ".eu" tag launch has surprised the Internet world as it took more than a year for the last major domain name launch - ".info" in 2001 - to attract the same level of interest. "The new European domain name has exceeded all expectations and it could easily become one of the top three most popular domain names within a year," said Jonathan Robinson, Chief Operating Officer of NetNames, an accredited registrar for he ".eu" address.

I think as well that .EU will become soon popular as .COM is the actual trend will follow :)
 
I.e. - Eurid has reserved the country names of EU members but for the rest of the country names anybody could have the TM right, heh One of the best jokes is the registration of Vatican.eu based on the TM right for vatic&an, lol.
You can still check up how switzerland.eu is being reserved, rotfl.
Sunrise surprise!
(Anyway as a domainer I understand these guys who used all the tricks although I'd not prefer this style of 'competition').
 
advertising.eu sold on ebay yesterday for 165K US$.

Did it? Read that one again mate, didn't sell, reserve not met.
 
I guess they shill bidded until just before their reserve and waited for just one bid. It didn't happen and it never will...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom