• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Premium letters!!! Looky! Looky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

New Member
The Originals
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
30,303
Reaction score
2,217
Repeat after me, you know who you are: repeat offenders, that post "Premium letters! Premium domains!" in your titles - yet you offer crap letters and crap domains.

XQWJ are NOT premium letters.
RTYH is NOT a pronounceable domain.
HotCanana-ClubSea.com is NOT a premium domain.
KeywordSex.mobi is NOT a domain worth appraising.


Get real folks. DNF has turned into a bazaar of glass stones. We're not aboriginals - no more junk please.
 
Repeat after me, you know who you are: repeat offenders, that post "Premium letters! Premium domains!" in your titles - yet you offer crap letters and crap domains.

XQWJ are NOT premium letters.
RTYH is NOT a pronouncable domain.
HotCanana-ClubSea.com is NOT a premium domain.
KeywordSex.mobi is NOT a domain worth appraising.


Get real folks. DNF has turned into a bazaar of glass stones. We're not aboriginals - no more junk please.

ROTFL. Come Acro, do you honestly think that this is going to stop them? Its not, they are just going to do it more. I've tried explaining the definition of a premium domain name to newbies, it just doesnt work.

One more thing I would like to add: DO NOT POST YOUR DOMAIN NAMES IN THE APPRAISAL SECTION AND GET PISSED WHEN WE TELL YOU WHAT IT'S WORTH..REGFEE! :noidea:

-Rock
 
Seriously Rock ...If I were on an IRC channel seeing junk like the above examples, I'd slap them with a trout across the face.
 
When someone uses the word Premium I don't even read any further. True premium names are premium because there is nothing else to be said.

The weaker the name the stronger the sales pitch has to be. Names speak for themselves...they don't need anything else other than to be listed....like Snap Names....just list them and be done with it.

If the names deserved all of those accolades the person likely wouldn't be selling. Come to think of it....the word Premium should not be allowed to be used....haha.
 
When someone uses the word Premium I don't even read any further. True premium names are premium because there is nothing else to be said.

The weaker the name the stronger the sales pitch has to be. Names speak for themselves...they don't need anything else other than to be listed....like Snap Names....just list them and be done with it.

If the names deserved all of those accolades the person likely wouldn't be selling. Come to think of it....the word Premium should not be allowed to be used....haha.


:confused: I thought explaining my domain were premium was good.
 
:confused: I thought explaining my domain were premium was good.

It's not going to really hurt a true premium name (if you say premium), but why be lumped in with all of the pretenders? Most people who are going to buy a premium name will realize it's value immediately anyways.

It's like when someone tells you another person is the funniest person they ever met....when you meet them you are looking for reasons why they aren't as funny as the person said. Everyone's a skeptic.
 
It's obvious that I am not referring to those who offer truly premium domains. But the white noise has increased so much that it's ridiculous how lack of common sense has been overpowered by used car salesmen tactics!
 
I think from now on an appraisal should come with a offer...lol
 
you forgot about the RARE 5 character CCCCC.biz

:P
 
It's obvious that I am not referring to those who offer truly premium domains. But the white noise has increased so much that it's ridiculous how lack of common sense has been overpowered by used car salesmen tactics!

I think the best names look better when they are just listed. Like if someone was selling UsedCars.com they should just list it....instead of saying "This Premium" name. The word premium and domain names has more of a negative connotation with me than a positive one....because of all of the crap names that are called premium.

That's why you made this thread. It is pretty crazy...is there a way to slap someone on the wrist on a message board....."whack".
 
Pretty much had it with all of the above, as summed up in the first post. I don't think it's too exaggerated. My pet peeve is white noise, junk all over the place where it doesn't belong. I have no problem with people objectively thinking their domain has potential; but just throwing in the word "premium" for pure garbage is annoying.

A fine example: http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=187689
"Pronounceable"? Yes, if you speak Klingon.
 
Great thread; thanks guys. Though I try to help when I can I have about given up wading thru the "peer appraisal" forum. First my boots weren't tall enough and now it's gotten to where I needed a snorkel. :)
 
Another good domain adjective: generic
 
We're not aboriginals - no more junk please.

What are you trying to say?

It's going to continue happening and can't be moderated so what's the point whining about it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom