Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Preparations for the launch of WLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Apparently, WLS is going to be like LR all over again. Below is what Snaps is saying.

What happens to my SnapBack subscription when WLS is implemented?

SnapNames intends to convert all current SnapBack subscriptions for COM and NET domain names to WLS subscriptions at the time WLS goes into effect; this means subscribers would get a WLS subscription at no extra cost, and that subscription would be 100% effective in acquiring and registering names that are not renewed and deleted by the registry.

According to proposed ICANN rules, all parties participating in the WLS system would need to compete equally for subscriptions at the time of WLS activation. Accordingly, SnapNames cannot guarantee that we will be 100% successful at obtaining WLS reservations for specific domain names. We will, of course, make every effort to do so. If we are not successful, subscribers may reserve another domain name through their WLS positions at no additional charge.
-------------------------------

I've already got my Snap aligned for a possible drop. Does anyone know where else you can "pre-register" for WLS?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think only snapnames can do that? But I am not sure.

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
good point mole.

buy up tons of those snaps... and then lose out on all the best names somehow to some third parties?

i suppose people will just snap everything now. some millionaires will snap 10,000-20,000 domains perhaps even years before the domains are supposed to expire.

.com will be as rare as gold!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name I am eyeing has an asking value of $4k+ and expires Dec 2002. I'm just trying my luck with this WLS thingy. Maybe the owner may mislook renewing, given that he has 7,000+ names.

But you are right kid, lots of money will go down the drain again with WLS. If loads of registrars decide to come in for this, you could be looking at a replay of LR all over again on a lesser scale, but of course, dropped names don't hold as much equity as the really solid names like travel.info.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup kid, enjoy while you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom