• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Preparing for Vista-MS Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeRyder

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
288
Reaction score
0
Microsoft inveiled today the BETA 2 for Windows Vista and released a tool on their Vista pages that you can use to ensure if your system will run Vista (hardware, software and drivers) and what will need to be changed if anything.

For those unsure or worried: My PC is four years old now with only my video card being newer and I am always updating drivers and my system passed.. so long as you update your drivers you should be fine imho.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/upgradeadvisor/default.mspx
 
Glad to hear this. Last time I read an article it said about 80% of computers today will not be able to run Windows Vista. I guess only 20% of us run systems that are less than 5 years old. I was worried my computer that was a year old wasn't going to be able to run it.
 
glad I could aleviate some of your worries :) here are the official min specs to run Vista:
Windows Vista Minimum Supported System Requirements
Processor 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1
System Memory 512 MB
GPU SVGA (800x600)
Graphics Memory -
HDD 20 GB
HDD Free Space 15 GB
Optical Drive CD-ROM drive2
Audio -
Internet -
 
I will be downloading Office 2007 and Vista Beta 2 tonight !!!

These are exciting times for Windows users.
 
I'd interject that not everyone is so sure of those minimum specifications. Some speculate that perhaps Microsoft is finally leaving behind their jokes when giving minimum specs, while others think that they're following in the footsteps of "233 MHz with 64 MB of RAM" for XP (try it some time, you'll like it.)

I'm not worried, as I run Linux... heck, the only reason I still have XP is that I'm too lazy to track down all the equivalent software.

For me, I'm looking forward most to compiling all sorts of fancy graphical toys to run on that particular minimum spec as fast as anything else... but for now, pipe dreams. Good luck to all those of you who are ready to make the jump. Let me know if you need help optimizing.
 
If I could get a hang of linux I would change to it but I don't have much time to sit and learn a new OS.
 
Give slax.linux-live.org a try sometime. It makes it easy, and you just burn a cd and boot from that. :wink:
 
ok girls, this isn't a linux, "I'm a cheap ass os" commercial thread.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom