• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Press Release Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsturbed

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2004
Messages
559
Reaction score
0
I know a couple members here use services to write up press releases to help launch new sites or initiatives...

what services do you all use ? What's the cost for writing up press releases and getting them out on the wire ? I need to get a press release out on a new site Im launching... please advise.

Best,
dsturbed
 
I think Duncan had one done recently about his guestbook site. Duncan...?
 
dsturbed said:
Thanks

I frequently visit prweb.com - but Id like it professionally done (if that makes much difference...)
I do not know exactly what you want, but you should be able to whip up something up to par by simply following one of the provided style guides.

You can read up on previous accepted press releases to see the style in which they are written.
 
Are there any services that will write and submit the release for you? If one of the two above handle this I appologize as I haven't looked them over throughly yet.
 
I recently got one done for one of my sites...I wrote it myself and then submitted to several free wire services. If you search Google there are plenty places out there that will distribute for free.
 
GT Web said:
I recently got one done for one of my sites...I wrote it myself and then submitted to several free wire services. If you search Google there are plenty places out there that will distribute for free.

Are you gauging your results/traffic as a result of that press release ? Also, can you list the several free wire services and experiences with them - I know that may be asking alot.. so feel free to decline.

PRWeb is one of the top venues out there imo... but Im interested in good free services too ;)

Best,
dsturbed
 
I didn't get much traffic...but a few links here and there and a little exposure.

I searched Google for "free press release" and went with a number of the top results, entering a slightly modified release for each one.
 
I write press releases for $40.. PM me if interested :)
 
I was on the front page of Yahoo.com Business Section with my press release that I submit via PRweb.com.

Got on MSN news, Ask Jeeves, and some girl from TMCNET even wrote an article on me.

I paid ~$120 I think.. wrote it myself.
 
Duncan said:
I was on the front page of Yahoo.com Business Section with my press release that I submit via PRweb.com.

Got on MSN news, Ask Jeeves, and some girl from TMCNET even wrote an article on me.

I paid ~$120 I think.. wrote it myself.

Damn good return on that investment.
 
Duncan said:
I was on the front page of Yahoo.com Business Section with my press release that I submit via PRweb.com.

Got on MSN news, Ask Jeeves, and some girl from TMCNET even wrote an article on me.

I paid ~$120 I think.. wrote it myself.

What site was it if you don't mind me asking? I am just interested because it sounds really cool.
 
PM sent, not allowed to advertise sites/services in the lounge area.
 
Hi,

Could I get that link also, please?

As I am developing few sites, I am highly interested about this:-)

Did you write the article yourself?
Any other info. about writing press release, exposure...?

Anything would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks,
Jonathan

Duncan said:
PM sent, not allowed to advertise sites/services in the lounge area.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom