Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Prime the pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorrectName.Com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A lesson my father taught me that most domainers never seem to learn. I know domain name values vary a lot in peoples eyes, but there are certain ways to handle it. The same holds true in any offering. If you are going to offer something silly like 10% of asking price, or something really silly I got at another forum today, at least "prime the pump" a little. If someone is asking $1000 and you write and say you will offer 10 you are really doing nothing but making them mad, and sure arent likely getting the name.

I mean if you really think you are making a decent offer to them, start off with an email/PM with I'm wholesale buyer and sales are weak now...and blah blah. See if they are open to MUCH lower offers. INSANELY low offers at a tiny percentage of asking price is just going to tick them off.

No idea if these people are just that clueless of perhaps it works some, but in my 35 years of negotiations if you start off with an extremely low offer without any conversation and ground work, you will do nothing but piss them off. Seen people so enraged they destroyed the object in question because buyer pissed off the seller that bad.

An email saying hey love the name, but....and...would you be interested in an offer that is perhaps much lower than you were hoping. Even then if the offer is silly you are likely to tick them off, but the level of anger will be far less and you have at least some chance of getting the name/s. You at least are less likely to burn bridges. in 10 years of domaining still see people doing so. Most of the time I ask what they are selling as I ask if I can make them an offer.

Domain Summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom