Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Privacy Email Invalid - can I take the domain name??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had some not-so-nice email exchanges with eNom tech support over domains "about to be suspended" because "the contact info has not been verified" even though it's 100% correct and matches all of my other "verified" domain names.... AND they've threatened to suspend every domain I sell of the new owner doesn't click some link for 10 days.

They tell me that's forced on them by some "tough new rules that went into effect 1/1/2014.

OK then.... today I'm looking at a domain I want, and the WHOIS shows "whois privacy" by Network Solutions. I send an email to the listed address and my email is bounced back as "undeliverable".

Does this mean I can file an ICANN complaint and force the domain to be dropped?

Domain Summit 2024

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had some not-so-nice email exchanges with eNom tech support over domains "about to be suspended" because "the contact info has not been verified" even though it's 100% correct and matches all of my other "verified" domain names.... AND they've threatened to suspend every domain I sell of the new owner doesn't click some link for 10 days.

They tell me that's forced on them by some "tough new rules that went into effect 1/1/2014.

OK then.... today I'm looking at a domain I want, and the WHOIS shows "whois privacy" by Network Solutions. I send an email to the listed address and my email is bounced back as "undeliverable".

Does this mean I can file an ICANN complaint and force the domain to be dropped?

Dale - Forward me the information so I can have this escalated and resolved.

Thanks

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bari -

I think eNom is just complying with the new rules, and its the way the new rules are implemented that I have the problem with, not eNom.

But since we have this strict policy that whois must be valid, I'm wondering if a drop can be forced when privacy emails are not functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom