• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Problem with 1and1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foodie

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2006
Messages
171
Reaction score
0
Anyone else having problems with 1and1? All my domains (parked plus websites) have been down for many hours, and after sitting on terminal hold, was finally told that they have a problem (!), and they don't really know when it can be fixed. Do we have any recourse for something like this, if the problem persists, considering that it's costing money?
 
Foodie, my 1and1 sites are all working and I haven't had any problems (yet). I love those guys at 1and1.

One thing that bothers be though, is they recently started putting google ads on the 404 page not found pages and are pocketing the money themselves. I think I should be getting at least a cut of that money!

I hope they can fix the problems soon...
 
Well, there must be a lot of 404 landing pages on a day like today. I agree about our getting a cut of that money under the circumstances! :-)
 
You can change your 404 page - just create a page and name it error404.html.

1&1 has great prices. They are the Wal*Mart of hosting services. They don't have great customer service, though.
 
24 hours later, all my sites with 1and 1 are still down. Anyone else with that problem, or with an explanation for this that might put salve on the wound?

This is getting to be appalling, and I post this precisely in the hope that there is a response or/and it will get indexed. To say that this customer is disgruntled is putting it mildly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom