• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

problem with domains in titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevirtual

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2007
Messages
6,409
Reaction score
0
This is really annoying, forcing people to put domains in titles without the option to use formatting.

No one wants their domain coming up in searches in sales threads or in the appraisal forum for obvious reasons.

Why should anyone have to risk their business by posting in this forum?

The best way to solve is to be reasonable and allow basic formatting for domains in titles. The usual format (.) does not work and the domain is still found in search engines, I prefer to use _._

No?
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is really annoying, forcing people to put domains in titles without the option to use formatting.

No one wants their domain coming up in searches in sales threads or in the appraisal forum for obvious reasons.
Amen, brother!

We don't want anarchy, but let's let members use a format that doesn't get indexed but still makes the domain name clear.
 
yep, agreed.

Did the rules change?
Last I knew the domain(.)com & domainDOTcom format was acceptable.
 
yep, agreed.

Did the rules change?
Last I knew the domain(.)com & domainDOTcom format was acceptable.
Has always been that it must be exact, with no formatting, as far as I know.

This topic was discussed in depth about 1-2 months ago to no prevail; I think the mods are happy enough with the current system (rightly or wrongly) so I doubt it'll change.

Here's hoping though :)
 
It probably brings in a decent amount of traffic. I know from my site that having a domain in the title gets a few visits from search engines each month, and DNForum has more domains and higher rankings.

It's a shame the exclusive sales forum is largely overlooked. If it were to be given more prominence perhaps people would upgrade and that would alleviate the issue to some extent.
 
I did not understand the opposition to -

domain dot com.

No spaces between words? makes no sense.

Each thread title is limited to XX number of characters.
 
If you enter the domain with (.) it still comes up in searches, the same with using Domain dot com.
 
I used to use dnforumDOTcom format and it is really succesful to avoid spiders.

But it is not allowed any more as the threads are not indexed and they don't like spiders got lost.
 
I used to use dnforumDOTcom format and it is really succesful to avoid spiders.

But it is not allowed any more as the threads are not indexed and they don't like spiders got lost.

I am sure the threads get indexed, but they don't come up when someone enters the domain in the search engine.
 
Interesting thread.

I will review it with my team and see what we can do here.

When selling domains its important to be very exact in the thread so that there is no confustion with the buyer afterwards.
 
Interesting thread.

I will review it with my team and see what we can do here.

When selling domains its important to be very exact in the thread so that there is no confustion with the buyer afterwards.
Thank you for the consideration.

I too agree with the importance of a clear title or reference to a specific domain.
 
Interesting thread.

I will review it with my team and see what we can do here.

When selling domains its important to be very exact in the thread so that there is no confustion with the buyer afterwards.

thanks

i went into this in depth in that thread and said how easy it was to employ and exactly why it was imperative you employ it
unfortunately there were a few people who didnt get it

i made this a key feature from the start on my own domain forum
not promoting just saying
its vbulletin too. its a doddle
i hate the fact domain and extension has to be in title, i didnt want to be a hypocrite :cool:
 
a possibility discussed in the last thread on this topic , involved hardcoding the domain ext. in the title as an image [ dropdown or something like that ] , so that it doesen't get indexed
 
Is the comma instead of a dot now not allowed as well?
Haven't noticed this change.. so what options do we have left?
 
I am sure the threads get indexed, but they don't come up when someone enters the domain in the search engine.

Yes, threads are indexed but domains are not .
 
Is the comma instead of a dot now not allowed as well?
Haven't noticed this change.. so what options do we have left?

u can do this, but point being that puppy gets indexed the same
my forum has a drop down box to left of post title, where u choose extension
simple :cool:
 
u can do this, but point being that puppy gets indexed the same
my forum has a drop down box to left of post title, where u choose extension
simple :cool:

I just had a thread closed where I used , instead of a .
so I guess it's not allowed too.
 
I usually edit out the prices for old sales threads anyway, I am mostly just concerned with appraisal threads being indexed. I think it would be better at least if appraisal threads could include something to prevent indexing.
 
i made this a key feature from the start on my own domain forum
not promoting just saying
its vbulletin too. its a doddle
i hate the fact domain and extension has to be in title, i didnt want to be a hypocrite :cool:

too late, already a hypocrite

the link in your signature, goes to your domain name forum...the one which you are not trying to promote, right?


16. Promoting other domain name or webmaster related forums (or any forum that resembles the structure and/or content of DNForum) in your posts, signatures, or in any way on the forum is not permitted, unless it is a legitimate sale, and then you may ONLY post the sale in the proper forum and not in your signature or anywhere else on the forum. THIS INCLUDES ANY FORUMS THAT HAVE ANY OF THE SAME CATEGORIES WE HAVE.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom