Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024
This is a discussion about the domain name register/company GoDaddy.
Status
Not open for further replies.

picassoface

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never thought I'd say this but i detect a Major problem with godaddy. I saw a great name
on a drop list (coalovens.com). When I went to gd to register it, godaddy says it's for sale
for $3,250. Whoa ! So I went to Moniker to double check and was able to register it there
for $9. I do all my name searching at godaddy, if I can't trust them to give me accurate
available names I'll have to register somewhere else.
can someone from godaddy reply ? This has happened Many times to me.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Must have been listed for sale by the previous owner, but the listing is not up to date.

picassoface

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But its been happening with so many names I'm afraid I may pass on an available name that shows as being for sale.....

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When GoDaddy shows a high price for a name you know has dropped, just add it to your cart anyway, and if it's available, it will show reg-fee price in your cart. This happened to me recently and I got the name as a reg.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nodaddy is not a good place to check domain availability anyway. Their whois check is not always realtime.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I do check names at Blowdaddy, sometimes a few of the better ones with high ovt results get registered mysteriously later on. Not a big surprise because years ago when I worked for Verio in South Florida when the whole domain thing was just getting good we all got emailed lists of uncompleted domain checkouts/searches at the end of the day as "candy". It is happening, your searches are NOT private. Remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom