Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Problems to setup a correct screen resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've an lcd screen "Medion" 17 inch on an Athlon 350 with Win98SE installed and I'm unable to change screen resolution :(

When I go on Properties, I see it on 640x480 and it's not possible moving the cursor on an higher one; it see only 15 colors and there's no other option (i.e. 256 etc ...).

What might cause this problem in your opinion ?
I'm ready to consider any hyphotesis thanking anyone since now for helping.

I know you can't solve the problem not being here but hyphotesis are a good way to begin.
I installed the screen driver (original cd) and the Pc reknows them for what I see in the control panel.
It reknows the videocard too ...

kvarnsten

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it has to do with the drivers or gfx card. If theyre all recognized and seem to work, check so you dont have chosen to edit some 2nd tv-ish monitor in the display settings.

if its not that, check so you have enabled the correct drivers and are not using som "standard vga display drivers" or similar. dont remember what this looked like in win98.. if that not works.. uninstall and reinstall drivers etc.. your problem must be in that area anyway

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok kvarnsten thanks, I'll try all these possibilities, I'll go there probably later to do some new tests.

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i can highly recommend www.driverguide.com - its the easiest way to find drivers they must have hundreds of thousands of them stored within their databases.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for helping hotdog_pk ... This was an old thread, sorry but I forgot to say I fixed that problem some days ago by downloading and installing a new release of its drivers, now it works perfectly.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom