• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

ProSports.com sells for $75k on Ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2003
Messages
2,174
Reaction score
0
I have been watching this domain for a long time. Looks like it has finally sold:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5861558345

I was a little leary about the 'User ID kept private' but it was purchased with a 'buy it now', and the whois changed along with page.

Looks like a legit one for dnjournal.com......
 
I thought I seen this domain owned by a user here in the chatroom a couple of times.
 
i think there was some controversy over it
 
Thanks Dimva.

I would venture to guess, to the right person, that $350k pricetag could be very well worth it. I kinda thought $75k was a little low.
 
I think that domain was also listed in the appraisal forum last year by Sarah. Nice sale!
 
75k in my eyes for a domain name that makes no revenue, and is not a one word dicionary domain is over priced.
 
Limit$ said:
75k in my eyes for a domain name that makes no revenue, and is not a one word dicionary domain is over priced.

900 OVT w/e means it is probably getting a lot of traffic and is definitely making revenue. Also, I remember some controversy as well over the user with DNFourm too, but not on the name.
 
i agree with limit$, what do you do with prosports.com? Not a great brandable name imo
 
On a purely statistical basis; I guess you could say that.

However, you could say the same thing about thousands of other websites that have sold for much more than this.

Generic domains (more than ever) are starting to take notice, and rake in the big dough. Traffic and revenue comes and goes, but generic domains like this one are few and far between.
 
the overture score was probably influenced by domainers or the owner - prosports only has an overture of 300, not sure how prosports.com has an overture of 900.
 
This domain is now listed in the Afternic showcase with a min offer of 100k and asking 250k. Looks like the buyer just wants to resell it.
 
i agree with limit$, what do you do with prosports.com? Not a great brandable name imo

I respectfully disagree with you on this one. There are SO many developmental opportunities for this one. A Hub for sports, forums, articles, news, blogs, video clips, game highlights, fantasy sports, (the list goes on). I would say that this domain has nearly unlimited possibilities.
 
Rarethings said:
I respectfully disagree with you on this one. There are SO many developmental opportunities for this one. A Hub for sports, forums, articles, news, blogs, video clips, game highlights, fantasy sports, (the list goes on). I would say that this domain has nearly unlimited possibilities.

agree.
 
I hear you guys, and the more I think about it the more I agree there is more potential. I guess I just don't personally love the name.
 
I will probably just develop the .net, some guy offered me $40 for it lmao
 
gmac17 said:
the overture score was probably influenced by domainers or the owner - prosports only has an overture of 300, not sure how prosports.com has an overture of 900.

u know how? because prosportsdaily.com has 7588!

in addition 'pro sports' (as two words separated by space) has many thousands in overture, and over 7 million in google.

gmac17 said:
I hear you guys, and the more I think about it the more I agree there is more potential. I guess I just don't personally love the name.

u can't go with your subjective feelings at all. when i first got into domains i personally loved all these cool/intellectual sounding names like 'appliedsemantics.com' and what have u, but then i quickly realized that those ugly dumbed down names that i wouldn't pay five bucks for, like 'paintpro.com' and 'mattresgiant.com', get all the dough in the 'marketplace' :-D

'prosports' is a great american catchphrase in the pro sport obsessed society.. i could easily see it being owned by the biggest like espn or fox.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom