Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Purchase domain

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by telugu
Thanks.But I declined an offer for $500.

Telugu ... you should have taken the $500 ... that name is basically worthless ...

exactly .. what is "purchasings" ?

can't see any value either.

maybe you were offered $500 by someone who doesn't understand how overture stats work re singular/plural.

the domainnameauction thing was just a staring bid snoop, it didn't get any takers - which makes the turning down of $500 even more head scratching.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys can't see any value either. maybe you were offered $500 by someone who doesn't understand how overture stats work re singular/plural. the domainnameauction thing was just a staring bid snoop, it didn't get any takers - which makes the turning down of $500 even more head scratching.

At first I agreed with you Safesys thinking that must be the case, as confusion does happen (especially with newbies) due to Suggestion Tool combining plural with non-plural.

I wanted to see the number of returns so entered purchasings with the s on end and there were surprisingly no returns! I am not sure if this means they are now stopping the combining of words, or if it was an anomaly, or another reason for it.

It's also possible the plural being combined with the singular is not applicable on made-up words like this but only regarding real words. Any thoughts on this from others?

The real dictionary word Purchasing had 9,000 returns, with zero for Purchasings, a non-dictionary made-up word.

Here is the easy-to-remember website with the Overture Suggestion Tool Link for more research on this - www.SuggestionTool.com

P.S. Agree 100%, he should have taken $500 without hesitation, more than the made-up name is really worth.

you could be right realnames, maybe they check the plural only if the plural exists as a word.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy wow, I see it even got bidded to $200 on domainnameauctions.com

They are obviously asking prices alegedly fraudulently designed to make them seem like real bids. I have seen some other domain resale sites do this too, including one well promoted on these forums.

Names on their list such as Clickpharm.com and Kingbusiness.com had bids of $100,000, and Storescout.com had a bid of $375,000? :D

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>Thanks.But I declined an offer for $500.

You should have taken advantage of an obvious idiot.

When you go to a store to purchase things you are purchasing them and you leave the store with a bag full of purchases.

There is no such word as purchasings. Take the $500 and laugh all the way to the bank.

Or regret that you turned down an offer from a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators