Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Purchasing a Domain Reseller Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

uuallan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What are the thoughts of this board on purchasing a domain reselling business? Is this done often, and is there any advantage to it? I am not talking about setting up a reseller account, but buying a business that has been providing DNS registrations for a while -- even if the business is only a reseller.

If this is a common practice, my next questions are:

1. How do you valuate the business?
2. Where does one go to look for existing registration businesses that are for sale?

Thanks

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
uuallan,

Some domain business sell their service for many reason, can be financial, technical and other related issues.

I've seen some folks here selling domain name registration services, though I noticed that they are not active member of this forum. They just created a reseller account then selling it for high price. Just like retailing type of business as they say in real estate business, buy low and sell high.

Just in case you were able to see domain name services for sale with active customer, let's assume a couple of hundreds active registration. Are you willing to pay the price and what range? This is the common question of domain investors. I'm telling you they are not cheap.

If you are planning to start-up a domain name business you have to plan for it, catchy business name and domain name, advertisement play big role, active support, etc.. I guess this is a cost effective approach, long term program and you will be able to establish value to your business.

Visit this link to see other domain name business active today:
http://www.needguide.com/live/modules.php?op=modload&name=Web_Links&file=index&req=viewlink&cid=42
Not a complete list though but will start you somehow.

I'd like to take this opportunity to invite other domain name businesses to list their site here.
http://www.needguide.com/live/modules.php?op=modload&name=Web_Links&file=index&req=viewlink&cid=42

Keep in touch if you need assistance,
tw.

uuallan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheWatcher

I've seen some folks here selling domain name registration services, though I noticed that they are not active member of this forum. They just created a reseller account then selling it for high price. Just like retailing type of business as they say in real estate business, buy low and sell high.

Just in case you were able to see domain name services for sale with active customer, let's assume a couple of hundreds active registration. Are you willing to pay the price and what range? This is the common question of domain investors. I'm telling you they are not cheap.

I assume the people on this board are the experts at this, what should I expect to pay for a domain registration business? Is the valuation based on traffic to the site, total number of domains registered, percentage of people renewing, something else or a combination of things?

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's good to consider the following when buying domain name services.

- existing domain name link popolarity in major search engines, traffic to the site make this business more expensive.
- numbers of active customers.
- website design, friendly user type of design is appealing to consumer.
- you have to consider existing price range. Maybe they provide lower pricing scheme and not appropriate to your business case. If you change this pricing scheme, you have to consider your existing clients.

You actually give me an idea to write an article about it.

Thank you,
tw.

tino

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I, myself, am currently selling an operational domain name "reselling" business; dnsrocket.com

At first I wanted to sell the domain name only, but since a domain with a developed site just sells for more (due to the traffic allready related to the domain).

Ofcourse, since the site should be operational, it comes with an enom reseller account. Ofcourse, the buyer of the domain (and the site) can change the registration and management scripts to incorprate another (reseller) account.

Tino
[email protected]
DNSRocket.com - FOR SALE

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are buying I have a pontential seller who has a reseller site with over 10,000 customers with registered names. I can put you in contact with him but he wants a FAIR price for this. He is basing his sale on potential yearly income and a cost per customer. PM me if you are interested..

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom