• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

push/pull explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexmax

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2002
Messages
2,209
Reaction score
0
anyone know a site that explains push and pulls. I find so many don't understand this and having to explain daily that I can push from enom to different companies. Hoping someone has/knows a site that explains so I wont have to.
Thanks
 
You can only push domains to other users of that registrar

Never heard of pulling but pushing to another companies registrar is transfering and usually costs $ and you need things like auth codes etc

Hope that helps a bit
 
I don't need it explained to me, looking for a site I can send clients to as like yesterday I had to answer it for 3 different people. The concept seems simple enough to me, but I must do an awful job explaining as so many just don't seem to get it. Surely someone has taken the time to explain it online so I won't have to anymore....
 
d:) send clients to this thread
 
not sure what you mean by pulling; you could simply explain that pushing a domain is transferring to a new owner under the same registrar.
 
they just don't seem to understand that you can move a domain from one company to another without more paperwork or a charge. That since my names are at enom, I can't "push" to godaddy or anybody else, just enom.
 
Nexmax said:
they just don't seem to understand that you can move a domain from one company to another without more paperwork or a charge. That since my names are at enom, I can't "push" to godaddy or anybody else, just enom.

perhaps it's because you keep saying " move from one company to another without more paperwork or a charge"

this is something you CANNOT do

maybe if you say "move from one account to another, within the same registrar" then maybe they will understand.
 
This is what I send to those who buy domains from me in the event they are not familiar with the push procedure.

Pushing a name
Push - To move a domain name from one account to another within the same registrar.
Step 1 - Please visit "Registrarname.com" and set up a FREE account.
Once you have your account information please email us your username.
Step 2 - Once payment has been received we will push "Domain name here" into your new account. There is no fee for this service.
 
Just as Togoodhlth explained for the push method, some registrars (such as Bluehill.com) use a "pull" method. Just as free and easy but without the 7 day restriction.

Pulling a name
Pull - To move a domain name from one account to another within the same registrar.
Step 1 - Please visit "Registrarname.com" and set up a FREE account.
Once you have your account setup please send us a notice by email.
Step 2 - Once payment has been received we will unlock the name and send you the domain password/auth code. You then enter the domain in the transfer section along with the password. The name will then show up in your account. There is no fee for this service.
 
Stocdoctor said:
Just as Togoodhlth explained for the push method, some registrars (such as Bluehill.com) use a "pull" method. Just as free and easy but without the 7 day restriction.

Pulling a name
Pull - To move a domain name from one account to another within the same registrar.
Step 1 - Please visit "Registrarname.com" and set up a FREE account.
Once you have your account setup please send us a notice by email.
Step 2 - Once payment has been received we will unlock the name and send you the domain password/auth code. You then enter the domain in the transfer section along with the password. The name will then show up in your account. There is no fee for this service.

Thanks Stoc I forgot about Pulling as I havent used it in a long time.

So now you can take our posts, edit them a little and copy them into an email you can send to those who are not familiar with pushing and pulling.
 
Nexmax said:
they just don't seem to understand that you can move a domain from one company to another without more paperwork or a charge. That since my names are at enom, I can't "push" to godaddy or anybody else, just enom.
Yes, I too have this constant problem of explaining that the quickest and safest way to take ownership of a domain is to open an account at the current registrar and push, pull or push/pull depending on the registrar

However your above statement has confused me too!!
You are saying "that you can move a domain from one company to another without more paperwork or a charge."
Enom is a company
GoDaddy is a company
Don't you really mean "that you can move a domain from one Domain OWNER to another without more paperwork or a charge."

It would be a great to see a web site that explains how each of the major registrars deal with change of ownership of a domain
 
No you can't push/pull between registrars. I think he misstated.
tranfers are different from pushing and pulling.
 
Nexmax said:
anyone know a site that explains push and pulls. Hoping someone has/knows a site that explains so I wont have to.
Instead of sending your clients elsewhere, you may want to write up some kind of FAQ and upload it to your server (website) and point people there.
 
Yes I thought about making a site to explain it. Help me and there does seem to be the need for one, that said last thing I need is one more project and one more site....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom