Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Qir.com stolen (recovered)

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to update everyone that even my stolen LLL.com has been recovered.
the thief had offered to sell the domain in the aftermarket but luckily the name was not resold. because of this, things moved much faster.
thanks Godaddy and Dynadot for taking it seriously. Trust me, this will be the last domain stolen off me

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
Does anyone has a good contact at Flippa or Dynadot? I have informed them about this through the support but still no reply.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Success rate over last 10+ years is 100 percent. Only 3 cases maybe where for circumstances beyond control no luck. If a name is discovered stolen within a reasonable time, you talk with the right people and lay out the case...nearly 100! That is why I refuse to use little rars or ones from outside north America, the rars have plenty of power to do it all or nothing. Hopefully my help for Simon moves mountains!

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice! I'm guessing you talk to the current registrar and former? I've had some luck myself, however sometimes the people in charge don't act quickly enough even though they had plenty of time.

Yes, both rars if it was transferred out. Mind you the real owner (victims) MUST participate and be willing to spend some time and email/fax proof. This can all be done without getting lawyers involved, if that fails (sometimes a rar does nothing) notification has to be made for the rar to be sure the name is locked down while a "dispute" is made. This will assure the name does not move and is best to use a lawyer for this. Cost is roughly $500. After that you need to continue to fight with the rar(s) but also look at other methods of recovery.

In the 3 cases I mentioned that failed they all had a unique but bad issue, uncooperative rar, length of time stolen and multiple transfers coupled with victims who just were not on top of things. I have come across many generics that were stolen many years ago and when I ask why they did not pursue it they state they simply did not know how or have the money. A real shame many people lost small fortunes to this.

Each case is unique but without a good contact at the rar you may have a fight.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had to go through this for Deleted, not once, but twice, so I do know the stress. And it underscores what I said earlier in another thread, if your name is 10K+ in value, you need to make it as hard for a hacker to transfer it as possible. Two-factor-auth is a must for lll.coms and ll.coms.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ninja- yes but sometimes domains are stolen thru an easy push within the go daddy registrar. some domains have been unrecovered even when stolen that way in the same registrar. go daddy is not helpful unless you bring them a lot of business.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to update everyone that even my stolen LLL.com has been recovered.
the thief had offered to sell the domain in the aftermarket but luckily the name was not resold. because of this, things moved much faster.
thanks Godaddy and Dynadot for taking it seriously. Trust me, this will be the last domain stolen off me

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators