• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Question about selling a site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmac17

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Messages
320
Reaction score
0
i have a site that i've had for a few years, and it now makes ok money ($100 a month) but a fraction of what it used to. It is in a B2B niche I'm not terribly interested in, which is partly why i haven't spent too much time on it. The niche is a decent paying one (frequent $1 adsense clicks) that isn't on the standard list of high paying terms (as far as I know).

My question:

- How could I go about selling the site without posting the name for all to see? I have no problem showing it to serious buyers, but I think a bit of the value would be that it is a relatively undiscovered niche as far as I can tell. Or would people not care about others knowing about it and will I make more with the sale being public???

i think i'm thinking too much....
 
If you're going to sell anyways, I wouldn't be too worried about "giving away the niche". Frequently one person can be successful in a niche when 20 other people could try to do the same thing and fail. Or you could always upgrade to Exclusive where you can post sales without stating the domain name...
 
Serious buyers wouldn't care that you are making the URL public.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom