Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Question on GoDaddy snaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recently I'm unable to snap with GoDaddy domains already in "Pendingdelete", is this normal ? Not a good news :(
To be correct, I'm using domainut.com, their affiliate site.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Domain Summit 2024

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UPDATES: Domainut.com is not currently working properly, it seems because, when I try to backorder a domain, I get one of the following warmings:

1- Update Failure: No DomainAlert Credits Available (if the domain isn't still in pendingdelete ... any name, no exception)
2- If the domain is in pendingdelete - "You're in luck! The domain name you've entered is currently available!"

Are they experiencing temporary troubles or only our account has been affected ? Thanks.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes their system is royally screwed up. I have missed the drop 3 days in a row because I cannot change any of my 30+ backorders. Will miss it again today as a dozen that need to be changed cannot be switched. Doesn't matter whether the domains are in pending delete or not. In my case they falsely report ALL domains as being available so you can't switch your backorders on them. Here is another current thread about it:

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=276673#post276673

You need to write their customer support and keep writing them until they do something about it. It has nothing to do with cookies, browsers etc. I have tried different browsers, different computers, etc. Makes no difference. It is their system that is fouled up so don't let them tell you otherwise.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Duke, all clear now ... Bad problem :(

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, the problem is with godaddy, many customers are having this same problem. I am dealing with someone there now, to try and get it straightened out. anyone use godaddy's main site for BO's? or any other resellers having this problem?

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi again Domainut,

Sorry but I've just tried to change a credit in our main GoDaddy.com account and it works fine ... maybe it's an expection, of course but, at least for now, it's working :)

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had the problem as well. Sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for a few hours.

DomainMyName

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At best, GoDaddy's snaps are more like snips. Basically useless, unless you're exceedinly patient, while waiting for the next ouch.com flukus maximus.

Current Scorecard
Domains Backordered: 56
Domains Captured: 0

What a joke.

Scott

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have just managed to successfully replace Godady.com backorders through domainut.com and through a direct godaddy.com account.

I was having trouble two or three days ago with dropping names showing as available to register.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After many attempts I managed to catch a snapback ordered domain using GD. You must be really patient!!!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainEmpire.com
Hi again Domainut,

Sorry but I've just tried to change a credit in our main GoDaddy.com account and it works fine ... maybe it's an expection, of course but, at least for now, it's working :)

I don't use GoDaddy's main site for BO's anymore as Domainut offers a much better deal. However my Domainut account still is not working. I wonder if the problem is limited to the reseller interface for some reason?

llew

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It looks to be a reseller interface issue as I was able to exchange a backorder at godaddy, but no luck at domainut, it always give me "You're in luck! The domain name you've entered is currently available! Click here to purchase this domain name now!"

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by llew
it always gives me "You're in luck! The domain name you've entered is currently available! Click here to purchase this domain name now!"

Well, that's one streak of good luck I would like to see come to an end! :cheeky:

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for a solution too, Duke :(

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It worked for me for about 1 hour, I just checked again and it seems to be not working. This is odd, and I am on the phone with them yet again. I hope it's not the reseller interface. I will get this straightened out. :wink:

And by the way patience is a native, I mean virtue.

DomainMiner.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Scott, well I've heard way worse, like 100 or 200 failures per success. Hopefully you won't hit 65 :)

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems to be working at present, all morning for me so far. I am taking backorders off and putting them on, just to see if it lasts. Anyone else still having problems?

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry domainut but our account hasn't ever worked since yesterday when we purchased it by another customer and we continue to have that same problem now.
If we may trust you, you can have our login data to see the problem by yourself, let me know :(

The problem becomes serious if we continue to be unable to use our 22 snaps.

Domainut

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can login to your account and attempt to place the backorders, although it seems to not be a certain platform of windows or client side at all. But I can lend my assistance and make an attempt, if you believe there is a chance that it may work.

Sid

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still doesn't work for me either. Hasn't worked all week so I am missing the drop every day with 30+ useless backorders that cannot be changed to names that will be dropping soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom