• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Réstaurants.com - FRENCH

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quit hogging up the whole couch or you will get none of this :pizza: or this :cheers:. Hey, wait a minute...:popcorn: your's is bigger than mine :pop2:

Réstaurants.com - FRENCH

res·tau·rant /ˈrɛstərənt, -təˌrɑnt, -trɑnt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[res-ter-uhnt, -tuh-rahnt, -trahnt] Pronunciation Key -
–noun
an establishment where meals are served to customers.
[Origin: 1820–30, Americanism; < F, n. use of prp. of restaurer < L restaurāre to restore]

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.


restaurant
1827, from Fr. restaurant "a restaurant" (said to have been used in Paris c.1765 by Boulanger), originally "food that restores," noun use of prp. of restaurer "to restore or refresh," from O.Fr. restorer (see restore). Restaurateur is 1796, from Fr. restaurateur, agent noun from restaurer "to restore," on model of L.L. restaurator "restorer."

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2001 Douglas Harper

Arabic: مَطْعَم
Chinese (Simplified): �*馆
Chinese (Traditional): 飯館
Czech: restaurace
Danish: restaurant
Dutch: restaurant
Estonian: restoran, kohvik
Finnish: ravintola
French: restaurant
German: das Restaurant
Greek: εστιατόριο
Hungarian: étterem
Icelandic: veitingastaður
Indonesian: rumah makan
Italian: ristorante
Japanese: レストラン
Korean: 식당
Latvian: restorāns
Lithuanian: restoranas
Norwegian: restaurant
Polish: restauracja
Portuguese (Brazil): restaurante
Portuguese (Portugal): restaurante
Romanian: resta�*u�*rant
Russian: ресторан
Slovak: reštaurácia
Slovenian: restavracija
Spanish: restaurante
Swedish: restaurang
Turkish: lokanta, restoran

restaurant...A French word derived from latin roots.
Pretty cool, huh?

Doc Com...a French person derived from French roots...
aka, mother and father

Even cooler, huh?​

There are plenty of quality IDN domains to be had and registered. There is a market for them. Not sure if there is a market for contrived words.

I would really love to hear the rest of your Sedo thriller...
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=212679
 
oh cybertonic! where are you when we need you-
 
LOL even the native speakers have confirmed to you that the word does not exist... Google results just show that accents are not properly accounted for in searches. Bottom line: the word does not exist. Type-in ? No chance. Search engine ranking ? I doubt.


1,000,000% agreed.

NYdomainer - you are either very young or very immature. Understand, just because you have got it wrong doesnt mean that you have to get upset.
 
If you want to really Google it, go to GOOGLE.fr, got it????

There you'll see that Réstaurants get 353,000,000 lisitngs and
Restaurants.com gets 310,000,000

Rethink your think


You HAVE to check it with "quotation" marks around the word to get the accurate google score.

Try to google "Restaurants" versus your "Réstaurants" and see the difference!
"Restaurants" = 239,000,000
"Réstaurants" = 891

Sorry, your version is not much of a used term with that accent.
 
Hey,
how would you know French?
You don't even know English.
Yes Virginia, Réstaurants.com is 100% French.
The word Restaurant originated from French in the first place, so I'm guessing they know how to spell it:
restaurant 1827, from Fr. restaurant "a restaurant" (said to have been used in Paris c.1765 by Boulanger), originally "food that restores," noun use of prp. of restaurer "to restore or refresh," from O.Fr. restorer (see restore). Restaurateur is 1796, from Fr. restaurateur, agent noun from restaurer "to restore," on model of L.L. restaurator "restorer."

A Michelin star is regarded as one of the highest awards that a restaurant can receive - here's the French Michelin site and, note the spelling of "Restaurants" and "Hôtel":

http://www.viamichelin.fr/viamichelin/fra/dyn/controller/Hotels-Michelin

You might as well be trying to argue that Ûnïtèd Stātês òf Āmêrĩčå is French.
 
I am here SmashFactory.

In french "Restaurant" spells "Restaurant".

This is why even if you give me the domain I do not accept it.

I did not respond before because I seen so many peers that already correctly responded.

In fact I do not know if it's a joke, a "popcorn", a cheat attempt, ...

...
 
......You might as well be trying to argue that Ûnïtèd Stātês òf Āmêrĩčå is French....

That would be États-Unis d'Amérique .... ;)
 
Ûnïtèd Stātês òf Āmêrĩčå is French.
:pound:

That would be États-Unis d'Amérique .... ;)
:clap2:

I am here SmashFactory.

In french "Restaurant" spells "Restaurant".

This is why even if you give me the domain I do not accept it.

I did not respond before because I seen so many peers that already correctly responded.

In fact I do not know if it's a joke, a "popcorn", a cheat attempt, ...

...
:first:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom