• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale R-I.com [Strange situation, fun or sad I don't know ...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 7
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
58
Few days ago we won domain r-i.com at Enom so I asked for an appraisal to all forums, I was satisfied of this acquisition.
Now I checked to see if the forward was working and I see it's redirecting to BuyDomains !

Whois at Enom show it as mine but I'm unable to replace dns while "public whois" show it as owned by BuyDomains.
I contacted Enom yesterday for the first time and they say it's mine instead of checking seriously the situation, I contacted them again with a copy of the correct whois and I'm waiting for a refund now :(

This's really interesting, I've a "fake domain" in my account, apparently mine even if it isn't ...
 
Domain Name: R-I.COM
Registrar: DOMAINZOO.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.domainzoo.com
Referral URL: http://www.domainzoo.com
Name Server: NS.BUYDOMAINS.COM
Name Server: THIS-DOMAIN-FOR-SALE.COM
Status: ACTIVE
Updated Date: 28-jun-2004
Creation Date: 28-jun-2004
Expiration Date: 28-jun-2005

Domain r-i.com is not at eNom or one of his catching registrars.
DomainZoo is listed as Buydomains' catching registrar.
So, it seems that you dont have the domain, and that eNom has informed you with an error.
:(
 
enom are pretty good at doing things like this! Never trust their whois!
 
I want to make a note to those of you who are using club drop to renew the names by transferring them to ENOM. It will take 24 hrs to resolve but I tested it with one name already and works. I don't feel good about having a name at one of these make shift registrars even if they are accessible within their system. This includes stargate which originally was with club drop last summer. These names are normally spelled with CAPS in your account.
 
That is VERY strange. I was in the Club Drop auction for that domain. They not only said they caught it, they ran a 3-day auction for it! Then the winner gets it only to find out Enom never had it? That is lame to say the least.
 
Happens all the time at ENOM on CLUB DROP to us - Maybe 15-20 domains that we thought we had and turned out they never got the domains since Club Drop started. Each time they claim it was a registry error. Never trust their whois!!! Steve
 
I just checked. I was also in the bidding for R-I.com

Now, I am starting to wonder how often that happens!

Did they subtract payment for the auction from your acct?
 
Yes we paid for it, we asked for a refund and we're awating for their confirmation ...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom