Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

rd.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its a mistake. miami.com appeared like that a few months ago. NetSol will take care of it very efficiently. Hah!

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
One I am watching right now had its creation date set to the day I first looked at its Whois record. It expires in one month and the creation date is a month ago. Nice, huh?

I honestly think NetSol's system has some type of passive error-correction scheme that only "fixes" database errors when someone comes across them (like a missing creation date). Were they to FIX the problem by "eye", it might not be anymore accurate than having the system set it to the current date (rather than not taking into account renewals and such and just setting it arbitrarily to 2 years prior to the expire date).

This way, you at least *know* it is wrong, and not simply made-up. Wrong is bad, but "guess-ti-mated" is much much worst... and insidious (it looks authentic, but only your records can really tell). Creation dates can be very important to many people (especially when trademarks are concerned).

~ W/Z

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
rd.com is worth no less than $15,000 and more realistically at $30,000 or $40,000 to an end user. Of course, if there is a large corporation itching to get its hands on it, it would be worth more like $100,000 or $200,000.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think Reader's Digest will be giving it up anytime soon.

Weird about the date thing, though.

MarkyMark

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
if I remember correctly rd.com was offered for sale at ebay a couple of years ago. I think they asked $9000 but I'm not 100%sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom