Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Real or Email Bait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGS

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I'm not sure what to make out of this email message. I can't tell if this company is trying to bait me into registering domains with their registrar for Asian ccTLDs.

Please advise.

Alex Tao said:
Dear egamingsupply:
We are Shanghai Chooke Network Information Technology Co., Ltd, which is the domain name register center in China.I have something need to confirm with you.
We have received an application formally,one company named "Yunda (China) Investment Co.,Ltd" applies for the domain names(www.egamingsupply.com.cn www.egamingsupply.asia etc.) ,and the Internet keyword(egamingsupply) on the internet February 20, 2009. We need to know the opinion of your company because the domain names and keyword may relate to the copyright of brand name on internet.
we would like to get the affirmation of your company,please contact us by telephone or email as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
Alex.Tao
Tel: +86-21-62416070
Fax: +86-21-62597835
Email:[email protected]
Shanghai Chooke Network Information Technology Co., Ltd

I sent him this message as reply to that email:

Me said:
Hello.

Sorry, but we do not approve of this domain name being registered, because it will bring trademark issues, and we will then have to report to ICANN and possibly legal action for copyright and trademark infringement.

Please do not allow a company - especially in China where our competition is - register this domain. This would infringe our rights.
Thank you; awaiting your reply.

Also, thank you for emailing me to let me know, and I appreciate you asking this before it is registered - it saves both parties trouble. :]
--
Kind Regards,
Justice McCay

He followed back with this email, which makes me think he's trying to lure me to register my .com domain in Asian ccTLDs at his registrar:

Alex Tao said:
Justice McCay,

Thanks for you letter. According to our investigation,We knew you have registered the domain name "egamingsupply.com",this is why we informed you. But now this company wanted to apply for other domain names and internet keyword you have not registered yet. This company wants to apply the following domain names and internet keyword:
1. Domain Name
egamingsupply.com.cn
egamingsupply.hk
egamingsupply.tw
egamingsupply.asia

2. Internet Keyword
egamingsupply

You must know Domain name takes open registration(Unrestricted), this is international domain name registration rule. So everyone has right to register them(available domains). As a domain name registrar, we have no right to dispute their application. So inform your company to protect your interest. But as the company whose trademarks relate to the applied domains, you will get the priority to register these domain names.

If you think these domain names are useful for your company, we can send an application form and register procedure to you and help you register them within dispute period. This is the only way to prevent domain name grabber. Pls let us know your decision soon, so that we can handle the next step. Thanks for your cooperation. if you have any questions, contact me freely.

Alex.tao

Domain Summit 2024

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is just BS to make you register the domains at their registrar. I get lots of these.

If you try to register an available domain at a registrar, the staff doesn't spend time investigating other TLDs in order to contact the owners and warn them. Just ignore their e-mails. :)

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is just BS to make you register the domains at their registrar. I get lots of these.

If you try to register an available domain at a registrar, the staff doesn't spend time investigating other TLDs in order to contact the owners and warn them. Just ignore their e-mails. :)

Exactly.

It's bait.

EGS

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thought so, just didn't know since they're from China, and honestly China does propose a lot of threat to my business...and are notorious scammers in my niche. >.<

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Delete that trash mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom