• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Register.com drop cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cokee

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2002
Messages
251
Reaction score
0
how many days will takes for the name drop after the expiry?
 
register.com is terrible with name drops... They are #2 after Network Solutions... May take a 30 days and up to a couple of years.... you never know.....
 
I'm currently following a Register.com name that expired back in summer 2001. That's right, over 1 1/2 years ago.

They suck.
 
There is no delete cycle for above the average names in Register.com. They wait for years or go to the unpaid names department. I can not understand the reasoning of Unpaid Names Deprtment. This is simply against the ICANN rules. That is why I say ICUM is a joke.
 
cokee pm me and i will help you
 
I know this is an old thread, but I figured I would post instead of creating a new one. Does anyone know who catches for Register.com ?
 
I believe they list exclusively with afternic before they let them go? I'm not really sure of this, but it is what I was told when I called them, wanting to buy a name from them that had expired over 2 years earlier.. they could not give me any explaination for why it was never auctioned or dropped for so long. Possibly them holding onto the most valuable ones for some time until they become even more valuable to auction off?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom