Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Register.com's Tricky Scheme...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSNet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently transfered my website www.FlightSource.net over from Register.com and their $35 a year domain cost to namecheap and their $8.88 domains. Anyways, my younger sister answered the phone and came running in to the room and handed it to me saying "It some computer talking about a website?" So I gave a listen and the computer said "Your domain name is expiring soon. Press "1" on your keypad to automatically renew it. I hung up the phone right after that. Isn't that tricky of them, What happens if you pushed "1" by accident or something? I really despise Register.com. Down with them! hahaha...

What do you think?

-John- :cool:

DotDuDe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, that's a bad business practice... they are doing everything they can to stop loosing their clients... Didn't they email you special offers if you transfer the domain name back to you?

-DotDudE

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did the automated phone call mention anything about Register.com? It could be that it's NOT Register.com at all!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is that even legal? :confused:

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received one of these several months ago and posted my experience on this site. I waited for an operator and b*tch her out bigtime. I brought up the legal issue among dirty tactics (the domain they called about is with another registar). I was very unhappy and told her to never contact me again. She took down my name and number and sor, no contact from Register.com. Not even thier snail mail.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you record your calls where you state take me off your list and document this and they continue to call you. You can actually sue them for like $500-$1500 per offense. There is one I know who sues companies to make money this way. :) shhh don't tell anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom