Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

RegisterFly.com Transfer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused on how to "push" domains into someone elses RegisterFly account. I don't need to do this now, but down the road I might.

When looking to push a domain name to another account, it says the following;

-----
"RegisterFly.com gives you a powerful feature to transfer your domains between RegisterFly.com accounts. This type of feature you use when you either have sold one of your domains to another Registerfly.com customer or you are transfering names between your own accounts. The User Id of the account you will be transferring/pushing your domain name(s) from is myusername"

"Please enter the User Id and Password of the account you will be transferring/pushing domain name(s) into."
-----

Say I sold a domain name, why do I need the "password" for the account that I would be pushing the domain to. Surely they don't expect the buyer to give the seller the password to his account?. Sounds kinda strange.

Am I missing something?

RMF

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes I have also noticed that, in enom it isn`t so, registerfly is enom reseller, why they do so, I have to create a new account for transfer because,if You have names in your registerfly account, You would not give Your password to someone else?

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yup, thats what I did.

Creat a new account at RegisterFly, transfer the name into second account, contact the new owner, provide them with the login and password of second account and he/she does the actual transfer to their account.

I then go and change the password and wait for the next victim :)

Mike

Mike

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF
I'm a little confused on how to "push" domains into someone elses RegisterFly account. I don't need to do this now, but down the road I might.

When looking to push a domain name to another account, it says the following;

-----
"RegisterFly.com gives you a powerful feature to transfer your domains between RegisterFly.com accounts. This type of feature you use when you either have sold one of your domains to another Registerfly.com customer or you are transfering names between your own accounts. The User Id of the account you will be transferring/pushing your domain name(s) from is myusername"

"Please enter the User Id and Password of the account you will be transferring/pushing domain name(s) into."
-----

Say I sold a domain name, why do I need the "password" for the account that I would be pushing the domain to. Surely they don't expect the buyer to give the seller the password to his account?. Sounds kinda strange.

Am I missing something?

RMF

I use registerfly but have yet to push one into another account..

I sale more to the "retail" end and they always want to use their own regista and so we do the transfer dance..

The push it seems is used more often amoungst domainers

but I think what you do is create ANOTHER account (the seller) .. with thise new account you of course assign it a password and username.. you then "push" a domain thats in your regular account into the account you just created..email the new owner the username and password.. done..

(they can then change passwords etc..)

?

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, yeah I kinda thought that. I guess its similar to 000Domains. Its just registerfly doesn't make much sense compared to other registrars.

RMF

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF
Ok, yeah I kinda thought that. I guess its similar to 000Domains. Its just registerfly doesn't make much sense compared to other registrars.

RMF

Seems simple enough..

here lets try it..

You buy a few domains from me and we'll see how it works :D

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I always create a new dummy account to push the name, then give the username and password to the buyer. Yeah, it's extra work to do :sad:.

But if you buy a domain from me, I'll be willing for the troubles. Please make me busy :D.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The other alrernative is to follow this easy procedure:

1) Upon preparing to have a domain "pushed" into your account, change your pw into something lame,
2) Give the lame pw to the (hopefully somewhat trusty) party who wil initiate the "push" -- you assumingly paid this guy for the name so he better be trusty.
3) Accept and receive the "pushed" name, then
4) Change the pw back to something that shows no pattern or meaning that others can guess - the pw is a random combo you only know.

If you are paranoid or overly careful you could create a new login just for this process, then "push" the name yourself to the account YOU only know which will be your "keeper" account.

If you do this often like I do, create a "transit"account where you receive "pushed" domains only. This way, the "transit" or "shipping" account will always be empty other that the time it will hold the "pushed" name until you get to it.

Believe it or not, there is a potential protective benefit to this process over, say, ENOM's process.

I often wonder what will happen if a domain is accidentally pushed to the wrong account during an ENOM push and the new, accidental owner is uncoopoerative or nowhere to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom