Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Renewal: problem with Credit Card.. HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone from Asia has problem with NetSol renewal service?

My credit card always got rejected when I tried to renew the domain via online payment recently. I have tried Mastercard, Visa, and Mastercard, still the same problem. It used to be ok.

Anyone knows what is happening?
I heard many Asians complain that now they have problem to use the credit card online coz many sites reject their credit cards. It was not like that in the past.

My domain at NetSol is about to expire. I e-mailed them but they never reply... HELP!!!! :dead:

Can try to transfer to any other registrar several days before expiration date. Good Luck!

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you move recently and the admin/registrant address is not same as the billing address for the credit card ?

E

EroGenius

Originally posted by goh
Can try to transfer to any other registrar several days before expiration date. Good Luck!

With NetSol, it'd be a lucky transfer to start with a week to go. I actually think they refuse attempts outside a certain time window. I know a friend of mine had to re-register with NetSol because he waited for the last week to transfer.

~ EG

William9

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a domain that expires in about one year from now. I started over three weeks ago ONLY attempting to obtain the auth-info code necessary for a dot info or dot biz transfer out. Each time I called I was informed of a different process from NS! I still do not have the form the last operator informed me that I would receive to Fax to them to have them send me the Auth-info code ----- so that I can start the transfer.

On one hand the operators are very polite, and will give you a ticket number if you ask. On the other hand, I still do not have the auth-info code to start the transfer – I will be posting more and louder responses soon. Good luck to all.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, get those domains reg'd as far away from Virginia as you can, as fast as you can. (I go to Redmond, via Houston, but used to go to Paris).

:cool:

Originally posted by EroGenius

With NetSol, it'd be a lucky transfer to start with a week to go. I actually think they refuse attempts outside a certain time window. I know a friend of mine had to re-register with NetSol because he waited for the last week to transfer.

~ EG

Darn, I almost forgot it is NSI! Something of my past!

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NetSol renewal is $35 - But it costs $10 or less to transfer to GoDaddy.com eNom.com or StarGate.com These 3 all do NetSol transfers in 7 days or less - you also get one year renewal included.

William9

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComster indicated 3 registrars that do transfer-ins 7 days or less ---- but that could only be true for .info or .biz AFTER you have the auth-info code for the transfer out.
Good luck, William

No one can guarantee how long it will take to transfer away from NetSol. Sorry.

We get more of these than I can count, and they are all different. NetSol is not consistant in how it handles transfers - depending on when you registered your domain, how close you are to renewal, whether they have sent out a payment invoice, the phase of the moon, etc.

Impossible to second guess. Impossible to predict.

-t

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not an expert at those weird new TLDs :)

True thewitt - but 7 days is the transfer request's validity, else ot expires and you have to try again.

NetSoL transfers - If at first you do not succeed, try again. It takes me at most 5 tries, but I have heard of 10 or more. The problem comes sometimes from domain owners not knowing to write (Y)ES in the apropriate field, and netSol "forms" are not easy to fill out by most people, especialy if they don't know English.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
pixelman - what's the domain's expiration date?
This is important to know how urgent this is.

William - Why not start a new thread on this, there must be many who will have the same problem with .INFO and .BIZ in the comeing months.

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComster
pixelman - what's the domain's expiration date?

Thanks DotComster.

I have asked my friend in US to help me to renew it with his US credit card. The stupid Versign never replies. If they do, they would copy and paste a standard answer, "Please double-check your number... please call your credit card company...". Sometimes they really p**sed me off coz the support seldom reads the message carefully.

But the problem will come back in the future.
I have tried more than five Amex, Visa, and Mastercard credit cards (from Asia) and all were rejected. The cards were also rejected at other US sites.

I can foresee that some registrars such as Verisign may lose many customers if their site reject credit cards from Asia.

My goodness, this will be a nightmare!!!! :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators